Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 12-17-2020, 03:07 AM   #1
uit

Default Program windows move to other non-primary monitor after monitor power off power on

This is somewhat annoying and ONLY happens when a Displaylink USB to HDMI Adapter with DL-3500 chipset is plugged into my laptop computer.

Laptop is Intel i7 Gen 7 with built-in HDMI and Displayport.
Laptop display is disabled in Windows 10.
Primary monitor is connected to Displayport.
Second monitor is connected to HDMI and is set to Extend Desktop.
(above config has no problems and doesn't have problem described below)

Third monitor is connected to USB 3.0 to HDMI Adapter with DL3500 chipset using Displaylink 10.0 M0 drivers, and is set to Extend Desktop.

The problem is when a program window(s) appears on the Primary monitor, and that monitor is then powered off, when the monitor is subsequently powered on, most of the program windows inconveniently and suddenly move to the Second monitor for no good reason, even though the Second and Third monitors are powered off.

Another detail is when the Primary monitor is powered on again, a program window will appear very briefly before it's summarily shifted to the Second monitor.

When the Second monitor is powered on after the Primary monitor is turned on, some program windows might automatically move back to the Primary monitor (I've not been spent additional hours researching this phenomenon to discern a pattern).

I tried a Transient Multimon Manager (TMM) registry hack, but it had no positive affect.

Is this a known issue and/or is there a fix? Is it a bug? I just want to know one way or the other, so I can stop obsessing about it! :-)

In the interim, I'm getting familiar using keyboard shortcut Windows key + Shift + Arrow Key to move program windows between monitors.

Looking forward to your responses and helpful info!
uit is offline   Reply With Quote