Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Enabled Products > What to buy?

Old 07-07-2021, 10:18 PM   #1
cpainter

Default Need a Dock!

Was using the magBac dock, before i realized that I can only use 1 external display, despite multiple ports on that dock. Found this software and got super excited, but this dock does not seem Compatible.

M1 Macbook Pro
Acer CB342CK widescreen monitor with Display Port & HDMI
various older model dell LCD monitors with HDMI

I just want to be able to use 2 monitors PLUS the laptop while it's open. What dock do I need to be able to do this.
cpainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 12:15 PM   #2
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpainter View Post
Was using the magBac dock, before i realized that I can only use 1 external display, despite multiple ports on that dock. Found this software and got super excited, but this dock does not seem Compatible.

M1 Macbook Pro
Acer CB342CK widescreen monitor with Display Port & HDMI
various older model dell LCD monitors with HDMI

I just want to be able to use 2 monitors PLUS the laptop while it's open. What dock do I need to be able to do this.
A quick note, I moved your post into the 'What to buy?' section of the forum given the nature of your question.

DisplayLink has a section of their website that allows you to filter through a list of DisplayLink-enabled products by requirements --> https://www.displaylink.com/products

The Acer display you mention has a maximum resolution of 3440x1440, so I would suggest setting the 'Min resolution' to 3840x2160 and the 'Min displays' to 2 in order to present a list of possible solutions.

Once you have the selection narrowed down, I would suggest contacting the manufacturer of the product in order to determine compatibility and suitability to purpose prior to making a purchase.
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote