Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac OSX 1.7 Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2011, 01:12 AM   #1
Komodo

Thumbs down Several annoying problems with Lion using 1.7b3

I have a 15-Inch, late 2008 MacBookPro running Lion and when I install the 1.7 beta 3 driver I get several strange things happening. My current setup is:

- 2 brand-new 23'' Dell Monitors
- 1 Monitor connected via DVI to the mini port directly on the mac
- 1 Monitor connected via DVI to the Plugable USB 2.0 Display Adapter, which is connected directly to USB port on the mac

Strange behaviors:

1) The screen saver doesn't work. All I get on the screen is a gray color on both monitors.

2) Flash doesn't get rendered. Tried in Safari, Chrome and Firefox to no avail.

3) Blank screen when viewing a website. When browsing a website, the first time the page loads I can see the content, but right after the browser page goes blank. It happens in Safari, Chrome and Firefox.

4) There's no feedback from a keyboard input. Nothing gets written to the screen when typing on the keyboard. I even tried different keyboards in case one of them were bad but I got the same result on all keyboards. The fix is to restart the computer but even then the same problem starts after a couple of minutes.

5) Mouse cursor ghosting. Sometimes I get a ghost mouse pointer on the monitor connected to the display adapter.

6) Fireworks CS5 crashes. It keeps crashing right after it opens.

Any idea how to get these problems fixed, or when and update will be available?

Thanks!