Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 12-31-2011, 03:04 AM   #21
occlumency

Default a possible solution

when ever you are sure about rest of the connections and the display doesn't light up disconnecting the power from the monitor and plugging it in back worked.
occlumency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:44 PM   #22
Carlo
Mac Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnelld View Post
Hi Christian,

Thanks for the reply. I am using an apple 24" HD cinema display (displayport not thunderbolt). I connect the monitor to the display port on the Mac and it works fine. When I then unplug it and use the USB diamond card the display is blank. I use a dvi -2- mini displayport cable to connect through a KVM switch (which also works if I go through the computer port) then to the display.

The only variable left is the diamond device.
Well that's a DisplayPort only display. The USB adapter you are using is DVI, and with a simple DVI to miniDP cable you cannot create a DP signal from a DVI one. Those cables are used if you have a DisplayPort Mac and you want to drive a DVI display: most DisplayPort outputs (not inputs!) also include DVI and VGA signals.
You are in the same situation as anyone with a pre-DP MacBook Pro trying to connect to the 24" Cinema Display: you would need a DVI to DP adapter that's going to cost more than your USB to DVI adapter.

That is the only solution I can see at the moment.
Needless to say, the other issues described in this thread look to be very different.
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote