Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 09-30-2011, 08:46 AM   #1
kdavies1966

Default Displays switching position on (some) boots

Hi,

Apologies if this has already been asked (I have looked at previous posts and couldn't find the same question).

I have a 2010 MBP with 2x Diamond BVU195s attached via a powered USB hub, and a third external monitor connected to the mini DisplayPort. The BVU195s drive the centre and left hand monitors and the screens are arranged with my laptop under the centre monitor to form a T shaped arrangement.

Here is my problem; most times when I boot the MBP with all screens connected and switched on the arrangement is preserved and I am a happy bunny. However, sometimes (probably 1 in 4 or 1 in 5) I boot up and the BVU195 driven screens have switched positions. Frustratingly, it's usually when I want to do something quickly (Murphys Law in full effect - no change there then ).

The backgrounds are set to the correct ones for the displays (that's how I can see it's happening) so it's not as if the MBP is failing to identify the monitors correctly.

I can quite easily alter the arrangement back to the correct format, and change the wallpaper so that my screens look like they should do but it's a bit annoying as I know that at some point the sequence will switch back and I'll have to do it again.

Is this a known issue? Am I going insane?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks!
kdavies1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:06 AM   #2
gennadyd

Angry Hving even more severe problem

With late 2011 Mac (very fast and extended memory+SSD) and the latest beta 4 driver I am having this problem all the time. All windows are gathered on the main screen connected over miniDisplayPort and I have to rearrange them each time after sleep or after displays went off. Which is extremely annoying.
I already asked the forum for suggestions but none of them worked.
Hope you will be luckier.
gennadyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:00 PM   #3
iansane

I have the same problem on Windows 7 32bit with two monitors on a nvidia 7900 card and the extra one on the usb sabre displaylink adapter.

But mine switches the screens around while I'm working on the PC and not just on boot or wake from sleep.

I'll have firefox in monitor 3 (the one plugged to displaylink) and another program or file opened in each of the other screens. For no understandable reason and without warning monitor 3 changes places with monitor 1.

My desktop doesn't change as I have it in the middle on monitor 2. It's just the two outside monitors trade places. When looking in the displaylink manager the monitors haven't really changed places as far as comparing the monitor model to the order (1,2,3). It just switches the display between the two. It's like displaylink doesn't know it's right from left.

I'm running the default aero theme and have the latest displaylink drivers installed.

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Thank you

Just realized this is under Mac software but it seems to be a displylink issue regardless of the OS so I'll leave it here.

Last edited by iansane; 12-29-2011 at 04:03 PM.
iansane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:57 AM   #4
kcc

Default Switching on almost every boot

Piling on here... same problem running OS X 10.7.2, using the 1.7 drivers, with 3 monitors connected with display link. 2 of the monitors are the same model. Those 2 often switch on reboot, but the other never does. Very annoying!
kcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:27 AM   #5
forza

And the same here too - I have two USB connected displays and one on the displayport (DVI). About 1 in 6 times on boot I'll have to re-arrange the screens. I also experience desktop wallpaper on the USB connected displays reverting to a previously selected one on some boots.
forza is offline   Reply With Quote