Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED - 8.0 Beta for Windows 10 RS

Old 06-29-2016, 04:25 PM   #1
gcinini

Default CPU Throttling when display set to 'Second Screen Only'

Got an interesting behavior on my Surface Pro 3 running W10 Enterprise Build 14361.rs1: a few seconds after I connect a DisplayLink dock and I have my screen set as 'Project: Second Screen Only' to have my screen on the monitor connected to the dock thru the VGA connector, my CPU throttles down to 30%, and consequently system slows down to a crawl becoming unresponsive every few seconds.
If I change the display*setting to Extend, Duplicate, or*PC Screen Only, the throttling goes away. As soon as I set it back to 'Second Screen Only'*the CPU throttling comes back.

It only happens when connected thru the DisplayLink dock. I tested with the displayport dongle directly to the same monitor and the problem did not occur.

I just installed the DisplayLink 8 beta driver from their site and still have the same problem. Probably a bug somewhere in the video driver interacting with the DisplayLink driver
Build# : 14361.RS1_RELEASE

Tried the same setting with my secondary Surface Pro 3 with build 14376.rs1 and the same behavior occurred. I uninstalled and reinstalled the DisplayLink driver and no change.
Installed updated video chipset driver from Intel, no change.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture 3.PNG
Views:	1751
Size:	3.4 KB
ID:	2765   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture 1.JPG
Views:	1754
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	2766   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture 2.JPG
Views:	1723
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	2767  
Attached Files
File Type: zip GC-SURPRO3_20160629_113131.zip (696.5 KB, 1743 views)

Last edited by gcinini; 06-29-2016 at 04:40 PM. Reason: adding screenshots