Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 10-04-2018, 08:51 PM   #11
helpwithmac

Default Mac Air dual display working

Hi Everyone,

I have a macair mid 2013, and a macair 2017, both of which are working hooked up to two external displays (LG Tvs). I am using a cable matters USB 3 to HDMI, and the more common connection to external display (is it called lightening or thunderbolt i can't remember ?) that does not require a driver.

Anyways, the driver for the mid 2013 went very smoothly. What I did was downloaded it, then before installing it, I clicked uninstall because I had previously had a driver installed. I recommend trying this anyways even if you have never had a DisplayLink driver installed.
Then I installed the driver and everything ran smoothly for two external displays (not mirrored).

For the 2017 computer, however, there was a bit more difficulty as I orgiianyll had a black screen like I am reading many of you had with 10.14. What worked for me was following the routine: uninstall, install, then I went to settings>>security and privacy>> accessibility and made sure that display link was checked (many of you have done this I know).

Here was my almost fix... then go to "general" at the top. On this screen there was an error message that said I needed to allow display link or something like that.. so I clicked it an allowed it.

Still however the screen was black.

THEN instead of restarting my computer I shut it down.

When I turned it back on... everything was working - wallah.

I hope this works for you!!! I am so glad to have the DisplayLink driver back... I've been living in misery since April when 10.13.6 happened... what a relief
helpwithmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 12:56 AM   #12
brentwoodgal

Smile Same Problem - I'm waiting to find out if Mojave and 5,0 driver works on MAC

Hey previous Display Link Guys

I'm waiting to find out if my Macbook Pro 2017 can drive 4 moniters with Drive 5.0. I don't want to go through the transition to Mojave until I'm assured it will work. I'm using two DHMI USB 3 docks and a USBC dual monitor adapter and wa running 6 screens before.

However, I want to drive 4 screens and until I know it works for you folks, I don't want to risk it. Last time, I lost all my monitors and don't want that again as I need them for work.

Thanks,

BG
brentwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 02:04 PM   #13
brossow

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgal View Post
Hey previous Display Link Guys

I'm waiting to find out if my Macbook Pro 2017 can drive 4 moniters with Drive 5.0. I don't want to go through the transition to Mojave until I'm assured it will work. I'm using two DHMI USB 3 docks and a USBC dual monitor adapter and wa running 6 screens before.

However, I want to drive 4 screens and until I know it works for you folks, I don't want to risk it. Last time, I lost all my monitors and don't want that again as I need them for work.

Thanks,

BG
I wouldn't trust what any one person says. If you browser through this forum or do a Google search, you'll find it's VERY hit-or-miss. Identical setup works for one person but not another. It's been years since software on which I'm dependent on was so unbelievably flaky and unreliable. If having all four screens is critical, I see two options:

1. Stick with what you have that's working.

2. Do a complete backup (e.g. with TimeMachine, clone to a second drive, whatever) before updating to Mojave/DisplayLink 5.0 and be prepared to restore your drive from that backup if (when?) it doesn't work.
brossow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blank screen, macos, macos 10.14, mojave, not working