Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2019, 04:09 PM   #1
Krogenit

Default Vive Wireless Adapter Black Screens & Disconnects

Hello, i'm having issue with Wireless Adapter. I tried get help from HTC forum (https://forum.vive.com/topic/6667-vi...een-goes-dark/), but nothing. Maybe in this forum someone can help.

I'm using Vive Pro with Wireless Adapter. Screen randomly turns black and after 2 seconds will back on or in other cases screen still black and i need to replug power to adapter. Sometimes random USB device disconnects, like VR controller or sound. It's unplayble.

I recorded video with that issues: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgnGUkYTk64
Krogenit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 11:50 AM   #2
AlbanRampon

Hello,

If everything drops, that sounds more like the radio link is dropping, rather than just the DisplayLink chip or driver.
But I've never used the final product or met this issue running the demo all day at tradeshows.

Would you please be able to create a support ticket to HTC?
They are keen on hearing directly from their product customers and will contact DisplayLink if they wish help from our side.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 12:11 PM   #3
Krogenit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
Hello,

If everything drops, that sounds more like the radio link is dropping, rather than just the DisplayLink chip or driver.
But I've never used the final product or met this issue running the demo all day at tradeshows.

Would you please be able to create a support ticket to HTC?
They are keen on hearing directly from their product customers and will contact DisplayLink if they wish help from our side.

Kind regards,
Alban
Thank you for reply.

All the time signal is perfect. I tested very close to antenna. If signal isn't good, I can see pixelization in headset.

I created ticket to HTC support a few weeks ago and all i got from support was that i need to disable my 2 monitors (i have 3), because as support said my GPU (1080ti) overloaded. I tested with only 1 monitor and it didn't helped.

I have two Wireless Adapters, they two work bad. I bought second one because i thought my was damaged or idk. I'll return second one.

My suggestions is maybe USB drivers on that adapter are bad or power managment disabling random USB diveces like screen, sounds, controllers. Or just not enough power, but i tested with powerfull battery with 24w output from Anker.
Old 12-26-2019, 12:33 PM   #4
Krogenit

Also when some device stopped working i will getting "USB node not found" in log file.

Tags
vive, wireless