Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac OSX 1.7 Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2011, 01:50 AM   #41
kurtnagel

Red face My Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtnagel View Post
After upgrading to Lion and installing 1.7b2, second display is not detected at all and monitor indicates no signal. I have a newertech USB 2.0 to DVI adapter. Led on adapter blinks.
Okay,

I feel really stupid. In the process of plugging and unplugging the display link usb, I knocked the power to the USB hub out. After discovering this behind my very dusty desk, the display came back.

I don't use the rotation or other advanced features, so I can't comment on the other issues folks are having.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:37 AM   #42
seanscottusa

Default Keyboard and Drag issues

I have the same issue as mhhcookies with b2. I only use the 9600M "High Performance" mode, and no drag operations ever finish. Even worse, after about 10 minutes of work (I'm not sure what, exactly, is triggering it), I cannot type letters, numbers, space, return, delete, or the characters to the right of letters and numbers on the keyboard. (True on both a bluetooth keyboard and the built-in keyboard, whether or not I ever connect the external keyboard.) Only the modifier keys and the F keys work. The only solution is to restart. I had to uninstall the driver to get anything done.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:56 AM   #43
Uthacalthing

Default Workaround for Click-Drag issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpope View Post
I as well am experiencing that dragging operations do not cancel correctly. I first experienced this today immediately after upgrading. After un-installing and re-installing a few times, it was very clear the dragging issues were directly related to the driver. In attempt to get this working, and helping you debug, I made a Lion installation disk, booted from it, and preformed a clean install after completely wiping my HD.

After login on the clean system, I immediately installed the B2 drivers, and nothing else. I still experience the dragging issues, rendering the computer useless. I tried a few times to reboot w/ and w/o the monitor plugged-in, etc. As long as the driver is installed, I have these issues.

The first is related to not releasing an icon when dragging. The only way to release it is in esc+click, which puts the file right back where it started. The second area I've noticed this, is in trying to drag an icon out of the dock. The dock icons also do not release, unless you drop them on the top menu bar, and then they return to the dock.

I have attached the debug file to this msg. I am running a Macbook Pro with a duel link DVI adapter to a 30in Dell. I have the display link running a 24in Dell. I know your working hard on these issues, and really can't wait until they are resolved.

Deciding where to continue w/o the 3rd monitor, or revert back to snow leopard. Looking forward to your progress. Cheers!
I've been troubleshooting with a bunch of people over at the Apple Support Communities Forums on the Lion drag'n'drop issue. It's not just DisplayLink drivers that are affected, it's also other external display drivers, such as AirDisplay, iDisplay and DisplayPad.

One workaround we've found, which has been confirmed on several users with MacBook Pros (including me): Put the computer to sleep, then wake again, and click-drag works like a charm. It's lost again on reboot, but for a beta driver, I'm fine with this as a workaround.

Link to Apple Forum Topic:

https://discussions.apple.com/message/15667903

Cheers,

-U
Old 07-22-2011, 11:01 AM   #44
Uthacalthing

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanscottusa View Post
I have the same issue as mhhcookies with b2. I only use the 9600M "High Performance" mode, and no drag operations ever finish. Even worse, after about 10 minutes of work (I'm not sure what, exactly, is triggering it), I cannot type letters, numbers, space, return, delete, or the characters to the right of letters and numbers on the keyboard. (True on both a bluetooth keyboard and the built-in keyboard, whether or not I ever connect the external keyboard.) Only the modifier keys and the F keys work. The only solution is to restart. I had to uninstall the driver to get anything done.
I had a similar issue, perhaps this will help.

I have Microsoft RDP client installed for work, to connect to Windows environment. Their shortcut keys for skipping words are Ctrl-Left & Ctrl-Right.

In Lion, these keystrokes are now used to swipe between spaces, full screen apps, etc. Once I pressed Ctrl-Left, I was taken out of my RDP session, and found that the keyboard basically stopped working (most of the keys, anyway can't remember which).

The "fix" for me was to go into System Preferences -> Keyboard, then untick the two shortcuts for Ctrl-Left and Ctrl-Right under "Mission Control". After that, I had no more keyboard freeze problems.

I should note that I also have the click-drag issues as well, but the two seem to be unrelated, for me at least. Note in my other post: a possible workaround for click-drag is to put the computer to sleep then wake again, and drag & drop works until next reboot.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

-U

Last edited by Uthacalthing; 07-22-2011 at 11:04 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:57 PM   #45
robelkin

For me, the only bug I've seen is that the DisplayLink Manager is constantly running at 60%+ cpu, which is slowing everything else down. Has anyone else seen this?

MacBook Pro
17-inch, Early 2009
Processor 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7 (11A511)
Old 07-23-2011, 01:42 PM   #46
ezkl

Quote:
Originally Posted by robelkin View Post
For me, the only bug I've seen is that the DisplayLink Manager is constantly running at 60%+ cpu, which is slowing everything else down. Has anyone else seen this?

MacBook Pro
17-inch, Early 2009
Processor 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7 (11A511)
I've experienced the staggered performance since upgrading to Lion, but I have a similarly equipped machine and combined CPU utilization for 2 DisplayLinkManager processes and the DisplayLinkUserAgent process hasn't risen above 3-4%. What do you have running on the external monitor? I've seen that sort of CPU utilization with fullscreen video and little else.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:47 AM   #47
robelkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezkl View Post
I've experienced the staggered performance since upgrading to Lion, but I have a similarly equipped machine and combined CPU utilization for 2 DisplayLinkManager processes and the DisplayLinkUserAgent process hasn't risen above 3-4%. What do you have running on the external monitor? I've seen that sort of CPU utilization with fullscreen video and little else.
Even when I have nothing running on it, it still has that level of cpu utilisation. Definitely not running any video on it, usually use it for chat windows and file lists, so nothing crazy.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:59 AM   #48
philip

Default crash report

I have two crash reports, one is displayLink and one is WindowServer. I have been expereincing the sticky drag and drop bug as well as the login in screen bug. I have a late 08 MBP 15" unibody 5,1 2.53gHz 8gb RAM using 1.7b2 running Lion. does display link want this crash report and how do I give it to them?
Old 07-25-2011, 02:54 PM   #49
jpope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthacalthing View Post
I've been troubleshooting with a bunch of people over at the Apple Support Communities Forums on the Lion drag'n'drop issue. It's not just DisplayLink drivers that are affected, it's also other external display drivers, such as AirDisplay, iDisplay and DisplayPad.

One workaround we've found, which has been confirmed on several users with MacBook Pros (including me): Put the computer to sleep, then wake again, and click-drag works like a charm. It's lost again on reboot, but for a beta driver, I'm fine with this as a workaround.

Link to Apple Forum Topic:

https://discussions.apple.com/message/15667903

Cheers,

-U
Thank you, Uthacalthing. After reading the Apple Forum, I installed the driver, rebooted my machine, put the computer to sleep, and then woke it up.. sure enough, it worked! I can now use the driver and release items from my mouse. I have, however, had some issues related to the keyboard dropping out, not sure if it is related or not, as I have not had the time to fully test.

Regards -jpope
Old 07-25-2011, 03:22 PM   #50
claytv

Default Slew of Problems

I have a MBP 5,1. Here are the list of issues I'm having with the beta driver:
- My main login screen only shows the gray background. I have to guess-click where my icon is, and type my password blindly to log in.
- The displays work, but they don't work with ProPresenter.
- When I mount the beta dmg to uninstall, the window is blank and have to guess-click where the uninstall icon is.
- After I uninstall the driver, everything is back to normal (minus the extra display).

Tech support shrugged their shoulders. Anyone have any clues what it could be?