Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 01-07-2016, 09:34 PM   #1
random2k

Default Displaylink no longer recognized Win10 / Dell Inspiron 14z

My displaylink does not appear to be recognized any more. I've tried
  • uninstalling the software
    running the cleaner
    reinstalling the software
    power-cycling the Displaylink
    different USB ports on my laptop

The results are always the same, the two monitors attached to my displaylink are not recognized, and the displaylink Ethernet adapter is also not seen.

I attached the output of the support tool, in case that lends insight into why my laptop no longer recognizes the device.

Thanks!

Last edited by random2k; 01-08-2016 at 05:09 AM.
random2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 05:09 AM   #2
random2k

Default Resolved - dead Targus

Connected my laptop to a friends Targus hub and the displayport worked great. Took my friends laptop and connected it to my device... same results - the displayport was not recognized.

At this point, I think it is safe to conclude that it is not a software issue on the laptop, but a software (or hardware) failure on the displayport. It's been working fine for years, so I am surprised that it just died without any indication of pending problems.
Old 01-10-2016, 08:28 PM   #3
mdbaumbach@yahoo.com

Default I had a similar issue

I don't know if this will help, but the latest release (M4) kind of flaked out on me. I uninstalled and went back to the M3 release.
mdbaumbach@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 04:44 PM   #4
random2k

I ended up replacing the Targus ACP70 (over two years of service without issue) with a new Dell D3100. I ran into a completely different set of issues. Everything appeared to work, except my main display. My main monitor (Dell U2412M) would constantly flicker. As best I could tell, the displayport was trying to resize the screen every few seconds, so the resolution would bounce and reset the mouse position, making the entire system totally unusable. Swapping cables made no difference. No issues on a spare AOC 20" monitor I had sitting around. On a lark, I downgraded to the previous firmware and all is well now.

TLDR: Release M4 is severely flawed on my setup.
Old 01-15-2016, 12:20 PM   #5
JamesH

Quote:
Originally Posted by random2k View Post
I ended up replacing the Targus ACP70 (over two years of service without issue) with a new Dell D3100. I ran into a completely different set of issues. Everything appeared to work, except my main display. My main monitor (Dell U2412M) would constantly flicker. As best I could tell, the displayport was trying to resize the screen every few seconds, so the resolution would bounce and reset the mouse position, making the entire system totally unusable. Swapping cables made no difference. No issues on a spare AOC 20" monitor I had sitting around. On a lark, I downgraded to the previous firmware and all is well now.

TLDR: Release M4 is severely flawed on my setup.
Hi,

To clarify you're not seeing flicker on the U2412M with 7.9 M3 right?

When you have time could you supply the logs from this tool with 7.9 M4 installed showing the flicker?

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote