Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2017, 05:50 PM   #1
Dom C

Default Windows 10 - Blank Screen/Mouse Pointer Only

Hi All -

I am a first-time poster but a long-time reader. I've been trying to troubleshoot a USB Dock that uses DisplayLink graphics.

I have a Plugable UD-3900 that I received in September 2016 (to replace a one that I received in August 2015). I have already troubleshooted with Plugable and they were awesome to work with.

The tech from Plugable and I came to the conclusion that the issue probably stems from some sort of incompatibility with the drivers from my graphics card and since my graphics card is on legacy status, I was pretty much out of luck. I have an HP Envy 15 laptop with AMD Radeon 8650G/8750M APU/GPU dual graphics card.

Anyway, I have tried ALL of the troubleshooting on DisplayLink's website as well as all of the suggestions of the people on this forum. I have used many monitors, cables, and configurations (even rolling back to older DisplayLink and AMD drivers, turning off dual graphics, updating my BIOS, and etc.). I just cannot get the dock to work! Before I completely give up on this dock, I was hoping that someone on the forum might have further suggestions? I have attached the zip logfile.

Thanks for your time and attention!

PS - I forgot to mention...the symptom that my secondary monitor is exhibiting is that Windows recognizes it, but only a black screen with a mouse pointer shows up. Sorry I forgot to mention that!
Attached Files
File Type: zip OWNERDCNV_20170120_132919.zip (591.3 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Dom C; 01-20-2017 at 05:53 PM. Reason: I forgot to mention the problem
Dom C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 12:48 PM   #2
steeldrop

I was having a similar problem so here's my solution in case it helps anyone. I was getting a black screen with pointer if I booted up with the dock attached, but could plug in the dock afterwards and it would then work (sort of). For whatever reason my system seemed to think that there were two monitors when I only have one, so I right clicked on the desktop, went to "display settings", then selected "show only on 1" under "multiple displays". That seemed to fix the issue.
steeldrop is offline   Reply With Quote