Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.2 Software Release

Old 12-12-2009, 06:36 PM   #1
Artanis

Default DreamScene problem on USB-LCD

Hello!

At first I would like to apologize for my bad english - I hope it won't bother you to understand my questions and help to find answers to them.

To avoid questions about hardware I'm running - I have Samsung u70 USB-LCD, prehistoric P4 3.4Ghz, 2GB RAM, Radeon 9800 as primary video adapter, OS Win Vista with latest updates. I'm going to switch to new PC and Win7 soon, but I would like to get some answers before that.

I know that DisplayLink (DL for short) is mainly created to provide static or little-changing content (e.g. chat windows, web browser, etc.) to USB display, but as I've tested, USB bandwidth allows DL to be successfuly used for full screen video as well..

So - why DL doesn't support Windows DreamScene animated wallpaper (if not familiar with DreamScene feature - read more in Microsoft site)? When I try to set one while U70 is connected, Windows show error message that states "One of monitors in your configuration doesn't support DreamScene content."

Isn't there any Beta drivers for DL, that would not have these limitations on content passed to USB-LCD?

Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Artanis; 12-12-2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:47 AM   #2
Artanis

No ideas at all?

Using Samsung u70 USB-LCD, powered by DisplayLink technology.

Tags
dreamscene, u70, video, video support