Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 12-11-2011, 08:38 AM   #1
Kas

Default Power Save Problem Presists

After installing the final 1.7 OS X driver, I tested my Dell U2311 monitor and it still fails to enter power save mode when connected via DVI to the BVU195.

To clarify, I am using the "Put Display to Sleep" hot corner option as pictured below:
Kas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:15 PM   #2
ChristianP

We are not able to reproduce your issue. The "put display to sleep" command, even using an hot corner to start it, seems to work correctly. We need more information on your specific setup. Could you please use the debug tool here http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269 collect the logs and post the zip file. It would help if you could switch the log verbosity to DEBUG (unplug and replug the adapter), try to put the display to sleep and collect the logs few seconds later. Thanks
ChristianP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:42 PM   #3
Kas

Main monitor connected via Display Port cable is a U2412M. DisplayLink monitor connected via DVI cable is a U2311M in portrait mode. Laptop is a MacBook Pro mid-2010.

I have attached the DEBUG logs.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (4.42 MB, 1 views)
Kas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:58 PM   #4
Jesse W

I am able to reproduce this issue every time I attempt to manually put my monitors to sleep. The DisplayLink connected monitor (via DVI) attempts to switch to Power Save mode but then wakes back up and displays a blank screen. Sometimes DisplayLink causes the attached monitor to be stuck in a never ending loop of going into Power Save mode, switching back on, and then attempting to go back to Power Save mode. I've attempted to catch this state with the debug tool. Information is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (391.8 KB, 0 views)
Jesse W is offline   Reply With Quote