Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 04-06-2019, 12:48 PM   #11
Dio

Default Dell XPS 13 and D6000

i got same issue after upgrade from 4.4 to 5.1 version now the monitor just get discon on displayport and on hdmi it works fine

[156373.663635] evdi: [D] evdi_detect:79 Painter is disconnected
[156387.207563] evdi: [D] evdi_detect:79 Painter is disconnected
[156426.343020] evdi: [D] evdi_detect:79 Painter is disconnected
Dio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 11:29 AM   #12
MikhailCompo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
I would advise giving more details as initially asked by my colleague.
The likely cause is you have an out of spec monitor, too out of spec for the chip to handle.
That ended up being the case of the first monitor mentioned.
Kind regards,
Alban

Alban - Can you please elaborate on what you mean by the spec being "too out of spec for the chip to handle"

Does this mean the VDU is too old and does not support the DisplayPort version of the D6000 output?

OR

Do you mean that the monitor may be faulty?

What is the minimum DisplayPort version the VDU must support to work with the D6000?
MikhailCompo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 06:38 PM   #13
AlbanRampon
DisplayLink Tech Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikhailCompo View Post
Alban - Can you please elaborate on what you mean by the spec being "too out of spec for the chip to handle"

Does this mean the VDU is too old and does not support the DisplayPort version of the D6000 output?

OR

Do you mean that the monitor may be faulty?

What is the minimum DisplayPort version the VDU must support to work with the D6000?
The docking station DisplayPort outputs are tested against DisplayPort 1.2, soon 1.4, as tests are updated.
I would like data to give pertinent feedback. For instance, the mentioned ASUS PG279 does not to respect the DisplayPort standard. We are looking into ways to be even more tolerant to out-of-spec monitors than we are today.
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 07:21 PM   #14
denis.schlesinger

Hi all!

Having the exact same issue. I am trying to connect 2 dell s2417dg screens via DisplayPort on my newly purchased D6000 using a Dell Latitude 7390 through USB-C.

I even contacted Dell support and got a replacement D6000 after describing the issue - the problem still exists.

I find it very irritating that those products (all Dell, all newly purchased or less than 6 months old) don't work together. Is there any docking station out there that I can my screens on with Displayport?

// Denis
denis.schlesinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 09:12 AM   #15
dafydd.powell@hefcw.ac.uk

Default D6000 dock and Dell 7285 tablets random display isssues

Hi, having a nightmare getting these D6000 docks to correctly display to a Dell 7285 tabler via the USB C cable. All my drivers are the latest releases. The issue I get either when the tablet is restarted I do not get a display on the monitor without restarting the tablet again. Or on another 7285 tablet disconnecting the USB C cable, and reconnecting do not get a display on the monitor. But then if I disconnect and re-connect the USB C cable will then get a display.

Many thanks
dafydd.powell@hefcw.ac.uk is offline   Reply With Quote