Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 1.5 Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2009, 09:28 PM   #1
Conrad

Default Driver Delaying Sleep

After running

pmset -g log

in the terminal, I noticed in the system.log the following entry:

configd[14]: Kernel DisplayLinkUserA com.apple.powermanagement.applicationresponse.time dout 30000 ms

I believe that this means that the DisplayLink kernel driver is creating a massive delay in putting the computer to sleep. I am running version 1.5b6 on Mac OS X 10.6.1 on a MacBook Pro 13". It currently takes almost two minutes for my laptop to go to sleep, and I'm concerned that the DisplayLink Driver is a major contributor.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:31 PM   #2
SpyderZ

Default Me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
After running

pmset -g log

in the terminal, I noticed in the system.log the following entry:

configd[14]: Kernel DisplayLinkUserA com.apple.powermanagement.applicationresponse.time dout 30000 ms

I believe that this means that the DisplayLink kernel driver is creating a massive delay in putting the computer to sleep. I am running version 1.5b6 on Mac OS X 10.6.1 on a MacBook Pro 13". It currently takes almost two minutes for my laptop to go to sleep, and I'm concerned that the DisplayLink Driver is a major contributor.

I too have this issue, and can't even put my Mac Pro to hibernation anymore, it just hangs.

Also when doing the monitor off shortcut Control + Shift + Eject, only the monitors that are connected via DVI fully go into power saving mode where the DisplayLink monitors only go to blank mode, still powered on.

Also been getting some system hangs with the latest driver(1.5b6) where I have to pull out the USB cable to regain my system.

If this lasts much longer I'm going to be forced to junk DisplayLink and go strictly DVI.

I run six monitors, two on DVI and four on Display Link. (LG L206WU).
Old 11-03-2009, 06:52 PM   #3
Conrad

I had some luck today by uninstalling 1.5b6 and then installing 1.5b5. I also installed the SmartSleep system preference. So far it's going to sleep quickly again.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:00 PM   #4
SpyderZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
I had some luck today by uninstalling 1.5b6 and then installing 1.5b5. I also installed the SmartSleep system preference. So far it's going to sleep quickly again.
Thanks for the response, I tried it and didn't work for me.