Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 02-23-2022, 06:05 PM   #1
chrisedwards

Default Screens disconnect when changing volume for attached usb speakers

Often when I change the volume on usb-c speakers attached to my dock via the windows volume icon in the tray in windows 11 the dock will kind of "reset" and the screens will go blank and everything will shift back to the laptop screen, then will come back to the dock after 10-15 seconds.

What kind of logs/etc can I provide to help get to the bottom of this? It's reproduceable. I'm running latest 10.2M0 on Windows 11.

Last edited by chrisedwards; 02-23-2022 at 06:06 PM. Reason: subject change
chrisedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 12:01 PM   #2
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedwards View Post
Often when I change the volume on usb-c speakers attached to my dock via the windows volume icon in the tray in windows 11 the dock will kind of "reset" and the screens will go blank and everything will shift back to the laptop screen, then will come back to the dock after 10-15 seconds.

What kind of logs/etc can I provide to help get to the bottom of this? It's reproduceable. I'm running latest 10.2M0 on Windows 11.
It would be ideal if you could share the brand and model of both 'the dock' you are using and the USB speakers, in order to help identify the devices.

That said, DisplayLink has a knowledge base article that describes how to provide diagnostic information here --> https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote