Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Enabled Products > General Discussion

Old 08-30-2017, 10:17 PM   #1
victorj

Default Power surge on USB Port - Windows 10

Hello,

After the latest Windows update I am getting an error, after plugging an AOC portable monitor with DisplayLink software in, that states, "Power surge on USB port": Unknown USB Device needs more power than the port can supply". This happened immediately after the latest Windows 10 update. It's definitely not the machine because I also tried another laptop that I also use the monitor for that has the same update and get the same error. I tried going into the device manager to uninstall the USB hub and root hub, restarted the laptop to re-install the USB software but I get the same error after plugging the USB monitor in. Has this been a common problem? Is there a solution for it?
victorj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 03:39 PM   #2
gstech

I'm having the same problem with my portable AOC monitor. It's powered only by USB, but when I plug it in, it tells me that there is a power surge on the USB port.

My company bought two of these monitors at the same time, and they're shared among the employees. About two weeks ago, one of them stopped working because of this issue. We've tried it on several computers, but the same error message pops up. The other monitor works just fine, which leads me to believe that it is not a software issue. I've checked the drivers on my computer, and they are all up to date. I also updated my DisplayLink software.

Has anybody figured out a fix for this issue?
gstech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
portable monitor, power surge, usb port