Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #1
ctenorman@gmail.com

Default All external monitors turn off with any Nvidia driver after 307.45

I've got a Lenovo W530 with K1000m video card running Windows 8, fully updated. When I attempt to use any Nvidia graphics driver after 307.45 my external monitors (USB, Displayport, and VGA) all turn off whenever the computer is turned on, resumes from sleep, or the monitors themselves even go to sleep. With 307.45 or earlier, this problem does not occur. Running the latest version of displaylink, tried reinstalling both displaylink and Nvidia drivers numerous times.

Is there a fix in the works for this issue?
ctenorman@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:18 PM   #2
JamesH

Hi

Please post the logs from your system as described here:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269

To clarify are you saying that the DP & VGA monitors are directly connected to the notebook?

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:07 PM   #3
Just Me

Default Try Driver Fusion for uninstall

First uninstall DisplayLink and NVidia using the builtin uninstall programs. The run Driver Fusion to get rid of all the NVidia remnants. Then try reinstalling.

YMMV, this may not work.
Just Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:57 PM   #4
ctenorman@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Hi

Please post the logs from your system as described here:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269

To clarify are you saying that the DP & VGA monitors are directly connected to the notebook?

Thanks,
James
Hi James,

I've done as you asked with the support tool. Given that these are logs from my system I'd prefer to send them to you in a direct message if that's possible. Thanks!

And yes, I have an external monitor connected to the DP and the VGA out on my laptop in addition to the usb monitors. I have two USB monitors hooked up right now, but it seems to do it with either one or two.

Thank you for your reply!
Old 05-10-2013, 01:59 PM   #5
ctenorman@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Me View Post
First uninstall DisplayLink and NVidia using the builtin uninstall programs. The run Driver Fusion to get rid of all the NVidia remnants. Then try reinstalling.

YMMV, this may not work.
I'll give this a try in a few days when my computer can risk a bit of down time.

Thank you for the suggestion, I appreciate it!
Old 05-10-2013, 10:54 PM   #6
JamesH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctenorman@gmail.com View Post
Hi James,

I've done as you asked with the support tool. Given that these are logs from my system I'd prefer to send them to you in a direct message if that's possible. Thanks!

And yes, I have an external monitor connected to the DP and the VGA out on my laptop in addition to the usb monitors. I have two USB monitors hooked up right now, but it seems to do it with either one or two.

Thank you for your reply!
Hi - I've sent you a private message with details on how to post the logs elsewhere. Thanks, James
Old 05-20-2013, 03:11 PM   #7
JamesH

Hi,

Are you still getting this issue?

We are trying to reproduce this in house - to help us match the system you have can you PM me the system information details that the debug tool gathers?

Thanks,
James

Last edited by JamesH; 05-28-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:54 PM   #8
ctenorman@gmail.com

EDIT: Below is no longer the full truth, still a serious problem. See next message:
-----------------

After completely uninstalling the displaylink and updating to the latest version and updating to the latest nvidia version, the problem finally seems to be gone! I'd tried this before about a month ago, so something has clearly changed in the interim. Thank you!

Last edited by ctenorman@gmail.com; 05-22-2013 at 06:34 PM. Reason: New Information
Old 05-22-2013, 06:35 PM   #9
ctenorman@gmail.com

The problem still rears its head when signing off from windows or rebooting the computer, which is a real pain. Sending updated error files, you should have them now.

Last edited by ctenorman@gmail.com; 05-22-2013 at 06:39 PM.