Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 09-30-2015, 05:33 AM   #1
ourzoo

Default Adapter No Longer Being Recognized Since Upgrading to 2.5 Beta 1

I'm running Yosemite 10.10.5 on a 2012 Macbook Pro. I have 2 external monitors, one powered via MiniDisplay Port to DVI and the other Display Link USB to DVI. All were working perfectly until I checked and decided to install the new beta.

Since installed, the Mac no longer recognizes the USB adapter what so ever. I have tried rebooting, uninstalling, correcting permissions, reinstalling, rebooting and still nothing. I have tried reverting back to 2.4.2 and still nothing. I have switched USB ports to make sure it isn't the port and I have even connected the other monitor with my other adapter and it works flawlessly.

Please help, being down a monitor is going to kill my productivity for work.

Now what????????????
ourzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 06:40 AM   #2
ourzoo

Would recovering the system via time capsule do the trick?
Old 09-30-2015, 09:16 AM   #3
Carlo
Mac Team

Hi ourzoo,

We need logs to understand what's going on. This is completely unexpected as you would imagine...

Can you please follow the instructions here: http://support.displaylink.com/knowl...to-displaylink

Best regards,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 04:00 PM   #4
ourzoo

I tried downloading the tool multiple times and it's downloading as an executable file for Windows and not for Mac. It doesn't matter whether I have Parallels and Windows running or not? The software is installed on the Mac HD so I don't see how sending any logs from Windows would be helpful. Please advise on what to do next?
Old 09-30-2015, 04:09 PM   #5
ourzoo

Nevermind, figured out the issue. Collecting data now and will send over.
Old 10-01-2015, 06:38 AM   #6
tagmike

This was my exact experience today. I sent an email to Support through the Contact form, and have downloaded the Information Collection tool.

One thing I tried in troubleshooting is looking at the System Report for the Mac, to see if the Diamond BVU 3500 was showing up as a USB device. It is not.

Prior to attempting the upgrade the system was working perfectly.
tagmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 09:27 AM   #7
Carlo
Mac Team

Many thanks for the quick feedback.

To be on the safe side we are pulling the release. If you have this issue please contact us directly at http://support.displaylink.com
Old 10-01-2015, 09:44 PM   #8
Banjo

this also happens in the 2.4 release version. We just figured out it was the DisplayLink software during a rebuild. Please release a patched version as soon as you can We have a lot of folks using Display Link software and usb ethernet adapters

J
Banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 10:06 PM   #9
Carlo
Mac Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
this also happens in the 2.4 release version. We just figured out it was the DisplayLink software during a rebuild. Please release a patched version as soon as you can We have a lot of folks using Display Link software and usb ethernet adapters

J
Hi Banjo,

This issue is not the Ethernet adapter compatibility issue. We think your issue to be fixed in the upcoming 2.5 beta 2.

Best regards,
Carlo
Old 10-01-2015, 11:26 PM   #10
ourzoo

I hope you folks get this figured out quickly. I'm happy I at least have 3 monitors in my office working, but I work from home 2 days a week usually and I'm now down to 2. This is going to hurt until this gets figured out.