Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 03-19-2014, 06:55 PM   #1
AaronCoutu

Default Problem with Lag Time on Monitor/Unable to Open Display Link Manager

Hi, all,

I am hoping that you might be able to solve this one. We have just stared using DisplayLink with a dock system for a Windows 7 dock. For the most part, it has gone well, but we are finding different levels of delay when using the regular computer monitor versus what is seen on the laptop monitor. This ranges slightly depending on the task/program being done.

It is a particular problem when using the internet. It doesn't matter whether we are using Firefox or IE. When we click on the icon to open the program or a link shortcut, it basically just loads the header bar and it takes minutes for the rest of the program to become visible. If we pop open the laptop, we can see that the computer itself is operating and loading things at normal speed.

Leaving the laptop open does allow things to move more quickly, but there is still a lag time, which is a bit disruptive to workflow.

Normally, my instinct would be to go to DL Management Console, but no matter how many times I uninstall/reinstall, the Console icon does not appear on the desktop. I can go digging for it in Explorer, but when I find the icon, nothing happens when I click it. I have tried installing it with the disk that came with the dock I purchased (Dell SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Docking Station D3000) as well as downloading it right from this website and installing it that way.

Any suggestions? We replaced a previous docking/laptop system that work worked quite nicely with this, but we are finding it to be a problem with the delay. We actually have to leave the laptop open when we have to work with certain programs/applications because the delay is basically crippling to workflow.

Thanks,
Aaron

===========================
Aaron J. Coutu
Assistant Director/Tech Coordinator
Cumberland Public Library
1464 Diamond Hill Road
Cumberland, Rhode Island 02864
(401) 333-2552 x128
(401) 334-0578
http://www.cumberlandlibrary.org
AaronCoutu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:31 PM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

Regarding the Browser issue can you attach the output of this tool?
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:48 PM   #3
AaronCoutu

Hi, James,

Thanks so much for the recommendation. I thought we had something because when I ran the software, it indicated that the drivers for my VGA Graphics Adapter might be out of date, but that did not prove to be the case. When I tried to update it, it turned out to be fully up to date.

No other errors were found. I did try to run both aspects of the program. Hopefully something will turn up with DisplayLink gets the report from the second part of the scan.

We are still seeing the delay on the remote monitor.

Thanks,
Aaron
AaronCoutu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:27 PM   #4
JamesH

Hi,

Can you attach the output of the tool to this thread?

On the tool click on "Gather Support Information" to gather the system information DisplayLink requires. The zip file of information will be saved on your Windows desktop.

When you select Reply in the Additional Options section select Manager Attachments and then select the zipped up output and choose Upload.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lag monitor