Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 09-05-2019, 12:03 AM   #21
h2oskierc

It appears to be fixed for me after the latest Windows updates. I had two available for my PC, and now after updating Photoshop is no longer crashing, not giving me a video driver error.
h2oskierc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 02:30 PM   #22
jking777

It appears that the fix was not included in the September 10 update.
jking777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 04:41 PM   #23
jking777

There was an update available this morning that included the DisplayLink fix. I'm now able to run OpenGL apps again.

Note: I'm on the Windows Insider Slow Ring for updates. I don't know if the update is available outside the Windows Insider program.
jking777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 11:43 AM   #24
AlbanRampon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvlada View Post
So I had few rounds of installing Windows Insider Previews on my computer and it worked fine until last update. After that I've lost WiFi option and no network settings at all. However, my internet worked if I'm connected through the TCP cable but that was not an option. Therefore, I had to reinstall Windows 10 yesterday and I've used most recent ISO
Windows 10 1903 b 18362.329

Now I'm experiencing problems not being able to start different apps if my laptop screen is not set as a main display. Usually my laptop screen is "disconnected" and I'm running two external monitors.

We need urgent fix on this as I'm not willing to spend hours reinstalling my Windows again due to bad Insider Preview patches.

EDIT:
Particular issue is with Viber app (viber.com).
My laptop has two GPUs, Intel 530 and nVidia GTX 960. By default most of the apps are handled by Intel 530.
To workaround this I had to do Right click on the app > Run with graphic processor > High-performance nVidia processor.
This way I managed to start Viber app.

Microsoft hasn't resolved this issue fully, so please address it further and one more time. This is really critical.
Hello,
Each app reported, including Viber, was tested to start properly on both iGPU and dGPU selected.
This suggests more a local problem than a general OS issue.
It would be extremely difficult for me to put a business case justifying that starting Viber on Intel GPU is critical and would need your assistance.
Regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
driver, full screen, games, hdmi