Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 01-31-2013, 01:33 PM   #1
GlobetrotterZH

Default Toshiba Dynadock - No external Display with latest drivers

Hi everybody, dear DisplayLink-Team

I am operating an Acer Iconia w510 tablet / ultrabook with Windows 8 32-Bit and would like to connect my VGA external Display (Acer AL2216 W s) using a Toshiba Dynadock U 3.0.

Despite having installed the latest drivers from Toshiba und Displaylink, I cannot find the external monitor and Windows gives error messages concerning the display link drivers on every new start. I have contacted Toshiba, but they were not very helpful (just told me to install the latest driver which I really think I have). I am updating everything possible automatically and manually regularly (Windows 8, my laptop, including a firmware update just today). The system should be fine and updated.

I have seen that this forum is monitored by displaylink itself so I am hoping for some help here. If there is any misunderstanding due to the German on the images or due to my English, please get back to me, I will try to give all necessary information! Thanks in advance for your help! I have been struggeling for days now and really hope to get everything running finally. I hope the follwing images can help you figure out my installation and the where the problem lies:

If you need more info, please get back to me! As you can see on image No. 4 I can not make any modification to an external display since no such is shown. Thanks in advance for any advice!
GlobetrotterZH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:38 PM   #2
Wim

It's a Windows 8 Atom based tablet, which is not currently compatible with DisplayLink software:

http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=336

We're working on support for this platform at the moment, but don't have a release date for support.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:52 PM   #3
GlobetrotterZH

Thanks Wim for the fast response. The first competent person I'm dealing with in days! Maybe Displaylink wants to share the insight with Toshiba. Toshiba Switzerland seems unaware of this situation and justs tells its customers to install the latest driver over and over again!

Is it possible to get an alert when the new driver is out? Can I enlist somewhere?

Last edited by GlobetrotterZH; 01-31-2013 at 02:08 PM.
GlobetrotterZH is offline   Reply With Quote