Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED - 7.7 Beta for Windows

Old 08-12-2014, 03:09 PM   #1
adnir

Unhappy 7.7 with Dell 2340T via USB Crashes

My display was working ok until I updated the drivers a few weeks ago. I updated again to the new 7.7 and am still having the same problem. The monitor crashes constantly causing the monitor to reboot. I'm running window 7 pro 64bit.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:28 PM   #2
Wim

This forum is for issues that are new in v7.7 beta, so we can address regressions before shipping. Can you confirm the release version you started to have problems and post your logs?

Thanks

Wim
Old 08-14-2014, 04:56 PM   #3
adnir

I've run the Display link support tool and it always crashes at the the end. It still seems to generate all the files please let me know which ones you need me to post.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:53 PM   #4
adnir

Default Logs

I'm not sure which version it was working under. I went back and reinstalled 7.4 and it still crashes. It seems to only crash when a browser window is up. I use chrome and Explorer. I have attached the log files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLinkManager.zip (3.28 MB, 1022 views)
Old 08-22-2014, 05:30 PM   #5
adnir

Smile Fixed with New Monitor

This turned out to be some kind of issue with the hardware and/or embedded software in the monitor as the refurbished display I just got from Dell works perfect with the same DisplayLink driver 7.6 currently because I switched back. The whole problem was weird because if you just left the desktop displayed, the monitor would stay on all day but as soon as you opened a browser window on the Dell Monitor it would restart/reboot the monitor. The computer never rebooted it would just move all the windows to the other monitor that was still working.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:30 PM   #6
Wim

This sounds like it was a hardware problem. When things change on the screen, there are a lot of updates sent and a lot of data written in memory. This also causes an increase in power usage which could expose a hardware fault in your monitor.

Glad swapping the device has fixed it.

Wim
Old 09-03-2014, 07:50 PM   #7
RedScare

I am having the exact same problem. I've had no problems until recently, but it's made using my USB connection impossible. Any suggestion other than looking for a hardware replacement?
Old 09-03-2014, 08:09 PM   #8
RedScare

Default Dell S2340T randomly rebooting

When connected via USB, my Dell S2340T has started randomly rebooting. I've been using it for months with no problem, but clearly something has changed. Anyone experiencing this with the latest drivers?
Old 09-04-2014, 02:14 PM   #9
September

As a new user I also am experiencing this rebooting issue.with the S2340T. I have tried removing all traces of software and reloading, but still no success. There does not a appear to be a pattern to the reboot.
I have tried the latest Beta download, but the problem still exists??
Old 09-04-2014, 03:46 PM   #10
JamesH

Hi,

Can you clarify what you mean when you say the S2340T is rebooting?

Is your PC rebooting?

Thanks,
James

Tags
2340t, dell, usb, v7.7