Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 08-25-2016, 03:10 AM   #1
Rick H

Default I can't get Displaylink out of the registry so I can't reinstall it

I have tried the enduser cleaning tool and uninstall, but I'm unable to remove core because regedit says it cannot find the file specified. I cant change the permissions and it wont allow me to delete it. When I attempt to install Display Link I get an error message saying it cant write to the core file. "could not write value AllowCCCEscapeCalls to key \software\Displaylink\Core\dlkmd\Device0. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel. If I choose to ignore then I just get another error message.
Rick H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 11:22 AM   #2
AlbanRampon

Hello,
We're guilty here.
We have found an issue when the software was OS upgraded to Windows 10 with our driver migrated to 7.9 from a prior version when you then you run 8.0.
There's work going on to release a new cleaner and we're also changing something in the 8.0 M2 installer.

Could you please try and run the End User Cleaner twice and tell me if you can then install?

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 04:46 PM   #3
jharmon@alionscience.com

Default I can't get Displaylink out of the registry so I can't reinstall it

Receiving the this same error message even after running cleaner multiple times...

Any other fixes for this??
jharmon@alionscience.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 12:16 AM   #4
Jim H

Default Regedit can't delete Core reg key, states file missing

Having same problem in Windows 7 after DisplayLink driver update via Windows Update which caused USB to HDMI video to stop working. Ran System Restore and got back to prior working state until computer was restarted again & video stopped working again. Tried uninstalling & reinstalling older DisplayLink driver which was working fine before but re-installation failed. Found DisplayLink Core registry key leftover from uninstall. Attempted to delete it in Regedit & received error that it could not be deleted due to file missing. Used the DisplayLink Cleaner which also did not remove the errant DisplayLink Core registry key leftover from uninstall & Regedit still can't delete it due to file missing error message. How do I remove the errant DisplayLink Core registry key???
Jim H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
core, install, regedit, registry