Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 02-23-2014, 03:07 AM   #1
LouisT

Unhappy MacBook Pro OS X 10.9.1 USB Video Card Display Color Really BRIGHT

I own a Kanex mLinq - USB to HDMI Audio Video Adapter which has served me very well in use on my late 2011 MacBook Pro. I recently upgraded my OS to Mac OSX 10.9 Mavericks and the USB video card still works but its display is SIGNIFICANTLY brighter than my other monitor.

I have 2 of the exact same LG monitors set to the exact same color and brightness settings which prior to my upgrade to the new operating system their displays looked exactly the same. I have also downloaded the new DisplayLink v2.1 drivers and this did not resolve the issue.

I have also experimented with multiple color settings in the System Preferences -> Displays options and when both displays are set to the exact same E2742 monitor display profile there is still a significant difference in brightness and the monitor using the Kanex USB video card looks a bit fainter also.

Prior to my upgrade with the DisplayLink v2.0 software installed the color's on both monitors matched perfectly. I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

Does anyone have any other suggestions?
LouisT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
colorsync huey, displaylink 2.1, displaylink driver, macbook pro