Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 12-17-2017, 01:22 AM   #1
Vlymoxyd

Default Displaylink not working on displayport

Hello!

I just discovered displaylink ans i'm amazed at what it can do.

I bought an ug69dk7 from Wavlink. I ran into issues.The manual and support isn't really informative, so I read a lot about displayport and displaylink.

So far, the device works perfectly, save for the displayports. It has 2 hdmi and 2 displayport outputs. I can use either hdmi outputs without problems to plug my hdmi monitor. My laptop doesn't recognize my displayport monitor. I tried to plug it alone in the dock and it didn't help.

I read that hdmi and displayports signals are differents. Is it possible that my hp spectre x360 isn't able to output to a displayport throught displaylink?

The displayport monitor works when I use it with my desktop computer(without using displaylink).

Thanks for the help!
Vlymoxyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 11:04 AM   #2
Wim

Hi

Although this has 4 outputs, only 2 can be active at any time. If you have 2 HDMIs connected, then the 2 DisplayPort outputs will not work. You can also use 1 HDMI and 1 DisplayPort monitor.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 01:46 PM   #3
Vlymoxyd

Hello,

I understand that only 1 monitor can be connected to each section. What I meant was that my hdmi monitor works on both hdmi slots. The displayport monitor doesn't work on any of the 2 displayport. The displayport monitor doesn't work even when the hdmi monitor isn't plugged at all.

The displayport monitor is only 2k and doesn't need to be connected to 2 ports.

Thanks.
Vlymoxyd is offline   Reply With Quote