Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 06-07-2022, 02:19 PM   #1
TAJ314159

Default M1 MacBook Air forgets which monitor is Main Display

I have a WavLink Dock (WL-UG69DK7) and using DisplayLink Manager 1.6.1. macOS Monterey 12.4. I have a single external monitor which I designate as the Main Display, but leave the MacBook open to use it's tiny screen for stuff that doesn't need my constant attention.
My problem is that the Dock periodically returns to the MacBook screen. The display properties still show the external monitor as Main. The only way I have found to return the dock to where it belongs is to toggle the external monitor to Extended Display, and then back to Main Display.
I have not been able to determine what triggers this - it is not locking the screen, or going to sleep.
TAJ314159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 08:37 AM   #2
DanielSznicer
DisplayLink Tech Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAJ314159 View Post
I have a WavLink Dock (WL-UG69DK7) and using DisplayLink Manager 1.6.1. macOS Monterey 12.4. I have a single external monitor which I designate as the Main Display, but leave the MacBook open to use it's tiny screen for stuff that doesn't need my constant attention.
My problem is that the Dock periodically returns to the MacBook screen. The display properties still show the external monitor as Main. The only way I have found to return the dock to where it belongs is to toggle the external monitor to Extended Display, and then back to Main Display.
I have not been able to determine what triggers this - it is not locking the screen, or going to sleep.
Hello,
Would you be able to gather logfiles that will show us a bit more about your current setup?
Please follow this guide - https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink

Last edited by DanielSznicer; 10-07-2022 at 01:45 PM.
DanielSznicer is offline   Reply With Quote