Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs

Old 02-25-2009, 04:28 PM   #1
nice

Default why is it so hard for you to bring an xp 64bit driver ?

so.. you have either an xp driver and a vista 64bit driver !
why is it impossible for you to support xp 64bit ?
i cant even extract the files, so that i can change the inf myself to test it.. (not extracting the zip.. the msi i mean)
Old 02-26-2009, 08:24 PM   #2
Admin
Administrator/Beta Program Coordinator

We have decided to focus on Windows Vista, and more recently concentrated on development of a Windows 7 solution, to ensure we have software available for the launch of the new Windows operating system.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:26 PM   #3
nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
We have decided to focus on Windows Vista, and more recently concentrated on development of a Windows 7 solution, to ensure we have software available for the launch of the new Windows operating system.
i would suggesgt, it takes about 1-4 hours for you to adapt your existing drivers to xp64/win2003 (same kernel) - at least for a beta-release...
or alternatively.. cant you release a driver for the manual install.. say an inf to install it per hardwaremanager, so that anybody can modify the inf-file and use it to work unter xp64 without your support ?

and.. a bit offtopic: i think, i wrote this post into the wrong section - could you please move it ?
Old 02-27-2009, 12:37 PM   #4
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nice View Post
i would suggesgt, it takes about 1-4 hours for you to adapt your existing drivers to xp64/win2003 (same kernel) - at least for a beta-release...
or alternatively.. cant you release a driver for the manual install.. say an inf to install it per hardwaremanager, so that anybody can modify the inf-file and use it to work unter xp64 without your support ?
We would only consider releasing a productized solution, and as such providing manual installs and inf files does not meet these requirements. I'm afraid that XP 64-bit is not one of the key operating systems we are aiming to develop for, or support at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nice View Post
and.. a bit offtopic: i think, i wrote this post into the wrong section - could you please move it ?
This thread is fine here, as you are requesting a new beta program
Old 08-26-2009, 11:09 PM   #5
RTS1000

Default DisplayLink for XP x64

Hello,

I'm trying to setup Asus vw223b on WindowsXP x64, and get next message
"The software for DisplayLink Graphics is not supported onthis operating system version"

Is any way to solve problem? maybe by another version?
Are you going to have release DisplayLink Driver for WindowsXP x64 and when?

Ilya.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "debug_tool_gui.py", line 1, in ?
File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 82, in load_module
File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in ?
File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 82, in load_module
File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ?
File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 98, in load_module
ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading wx\_core_.pyd
Old 08-27-2009, 09:59 AM   #6
Admin

Hi RTS1000, as outline in your other thread DisplayLink does not support Windows XP 64-bit.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:45 PM   #7
Hunv

@Displaylink:
I don't have WinXp 64Bit but why you don't just show a hint at the beginning of the Installation that this OS is not offically supported but the user who wants to install it can continue at his own risk?
I know some programs that work without offical support on offically not supported OS. Have you ever try to run your drivers on XP 64Bit?
Old 09-22-2009, 03:13 AM   #8
SpyderZ

Default XP is being dropped right away by Microsoft when Windows 7 launches.

Why make a driver for an out-of-date OS that is full of security holes and won't be patched anymore? Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

If you upgrade to Windows 7 Pro or Ultimate you can get the free download from MS to enable true Windows XP mode that will run any app designed for XP. It's basically a VM of XP in Win 7. XP in that capacity will still be supported for patches.

This is the power play from Microsoft. Make of it what you wish, but Win 7 is full of pure awesome and has even been reported working on a 386DX in South America. So you might want to upgrade your OS.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:35 AM   #9
nice

Quote:
Why make a driver for an out-of-date OS that is full of security holes and won't be patched anymore? Sounds like a recipe for disaster.
xp64 is based on win2003 server - i dont know, where this is so unsecure and/or overaged - only because there is something newer, it hasnt got to be better

btw: the win7/prof/64-driver doesnt run even on my system.. until now, i had only one driver running.. xp32 - for such an expensive card with professional interest.. not acceptable in my eyes
Old 11-27-2009, 02:32 PM   #10
NICNIC

Hi,
I'm running Win XP 64bit because I need to use more then 4GB and secondly my professional applications cannot run in Vista 64bit or Windows 7 64bit.

Please consider posting all setup files seperately, so we can tweak or change at our own risk.

We don't need support, we just need the files.

Thnx for considering this.

Nicolaas