Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 10-09-2018, 11:24 PM   #581
esalaza

It works now for me!

After uninstalling the old driver, rebooting, installing the new 5.0 one and rebooting again, on my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) with Mojave 10.14 (Targus USB3.0 DV2K Dock w Power + Three monitors), the monitors got signal but remained blank.

I got them working doing this: System Preferences -> Some system software was blocked from loading -> Allow -> DisplayLink Corp.
esalaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:12 AM   #582
warlockuk

Annoyingly this (4.3, haven't tried 4.3.1 yet) driver gets worse. Plugged in this morning and had the airplay workaround just going nuts. Wouldn't detect the display but would just keep the airplay button clicked and waiting. Couldn't close or anything, couldn't shut down properly. Had to give it the middle finger of justice on the power switch.

It's not like I needed any of my workflow open or anything

Any closer to fixing it on 10.13.6?

Last edited by warlockuk; 10-11-2018 at 09:15 AM.
warlockuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 04:38 PM   #583
RainbowShooter

An update after using 5.0 for a while on 10.14

I have noticed that whilst I get picture etc, the screen is extremely laggy (motion of the mouse, dragging windows etc) especially when compared to the last working version earlier in the year, hopefully, this is something that can be improved.
RainbowShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 02:01 PM   #584
SabRhund

Default Finally working!

I am running a MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017), fresh install of Mojave. Like some other users here, after following the steps below, I still wasn't getting any functionality.

1. Install Mojave.
2. Restart.
3. Download 5.0 Drivers.
4. Run UNINSTALL package from the 5.0 drivers.
5. Restart.
6. Install 5.0
7. Restart.

I did this a few times, and nothing. I read a few pages back, in case I missed something, and sure enough, another user had reported that checking System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General revealed that parts of the install from DisplayLink were blocked by the security pane. Clicking 'allow' told me I needed another restart. After that restart, everything has returned to it's original functionality, and Im hoping that these last 9 months are a distant memory.
SabRhund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 04:49 PM   #585
Roisin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabRhund View Post
I am running a MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017), fresh install of Mojave. Like some other users here, after following the steps below, I still wasn't getting any functionality.

1. Install Mojave.
2. Restart.
3. Download 5.0 Drivers.
5. Restart.
6. Install 5.0
7. Restart.

I did this a few times, and nothing. I read a few pages back, in case I missed something, and sure enough, another user had reported that checking System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General revealed that parts of the install from DisplayLink were blocked by the security pane. Clicking 'allow' told me I needed another restart. After that restart, everything has returned to it's original functionality, and Im hoping that these last 9 months are a distant memory.
Same - except when I go to privacy & security > general, I can't see anything apart from 'a login password has been set for this user...' and ' allow apps downloaded from...'

Anyone have any idea why I may be missing the 'allow' function?
Roisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 02:46 PM   #586
movdqa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roisin View Post
Same - except when I go to privacy & security > general, I can't see anything apart from 'a login password has been set for this user...' and ' allow apps downloaded from...'

It should only be there if there's something to Allow. The FAQ indicates that it's only there for 30 minutes after driver install so you may need to do that shortly after installation. It might also work if you go to the Privacy tab and Allow it to control your computer. I haven't been able to get this stuff working outside of mirror mode but I'm on 4.3.1 and 10.13.6.
movdqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 02:52 PM   #587
movdqa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhasiuk View Post
The Belkin Thunderbolt™ 3 Express Dock HD can do that and is sold at Apple stores as well as online. It's pricey at a suggested retail price of $349, however.
Is there an option for those of us with Thunderbolt 2? I have a 2014 MBP 15 and I have a 2560x1440 and 1920x1080 monitors attached via DisplayPort and HDMI. I'd like to add a 1600x1200 display but haven't been able to get it to work with just cables. I suspect that using a Thunderbolt device could get three external displays working but I don't know what's out there that supports Thunderbolt 2.
movdqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 04:57 PM   #588
JOEEDS

Smile DisplayLink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roisin View Post

1. Install Mojave.
2. Restart.
3. Download 5.0 Drivers.
5. Restart.
6. Install 5.0
7. Restart.

After doing these steps I am finally back to 3 displays
JOEEDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 02:44 PM   #589
justaskingaquestion

Default Thanks!

Just wanted to say thanks for getting this all working again! I finally (hesitantly) upgraded to Mojave after reading that the newest DisplayLink version 5.0 should fix all the problems, and it does!

No more hanging out on an outdated OS just to be able to use my external monitor!

I honestly thought this was just going to languish in "oh well that sucks" or "here's a hack workaround" land forever, but you guys came through!
justaskingaquestion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 03:55 AM   #590
raj.shah7372@gmail.com

hello guys, I have Macbook 12-inch Early 2015 model with 1 USB-C port. What adapter do i need to purchase if i want to connect 2 external monitors ?

Thanks in advance.
raj.shah7372@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote