Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2016, 07:08 PM   #1
joshconnectedalt

Default Blank secondary monitor

I get a blank screen when trying to use my udb 3.0 ud-3000 docking station with my laptop. The only time I can see the other screen is when the use account control window pops up when making changes to the computer. While I can see the screen and move my mouse over to it I of course cannot click anything due to the account control window being up. This is the only time I can see the screen regardless of what display setting I use.

I have tried every help option listed in the faq. I connected it to another docking station of the same make and model, I have uninstalled my usb drivers, controller drivers, etc. Iv used the displaylink cleaner tool. So far nothing has worked.

Windows recently installed the kb3035583 update today and gave me the countdown to install windows 10 which I halted. I am out of ideas at this point on how to get the display to work again.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CA-JOSH_20160328_143647.zip (3.20 MB, 1 views)
joshconnectedalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 01:47 PM   #2
SkyBeam

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshconnectedalt View Post
I get a blank screen when trying to use my udb 3.0 ud-3000 docking station with my laptop. The only time I can see the other screen is when the use account control window pops up when making changes to the computer. While I can see the screen and move my mouse over to it I of course cannot click anything due to the account control window being up. This is the only time I can see the screen regardless of what display setting I use.
I am getting exactly the same issue when upgrading to latest nVidia driver. Any driver newer than release 362.00 WHQL is causing my displaylink adapters to display a black screen only. Interestingly the mouse pointer is visible during login and during protected desktop (UAC prompt) but stays black during normal desktop session.

Just today I tried nVidia driver 364.72 WHQL and the issue is still there. No matter whether I re-install the nVidia driver cleanly or if I re-install the displaylink river after installing the nVidia driver.
Downgrading to nVidia driver 362.00 fixes the issue for me.
SkyBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 03:23 PM   #3
JamesH

@Josh

Do you still get this if you disable the Nvidia graphics part in your machine (through the BIOS / device manager)?

@Sky

Could you post the output of this tool?
http://support.displaylink.com/knowl...rticles/533818

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 04:57 PM   #4
joshconnectedalt

Even with the nvidia graphics disabled I still have a black screen.

I have however done the same as Sky and rolled back my graphics drivers to the 362.00 version. It appears the 364 series of nvidia drivers (I tried the 364.51 and the 364.72) does not work with the displaylink.
joshconnectedalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 09:42 PM   #5
Juan01

I also have the same problem with my laptop MSI with windows 7 64 bit and Nvidia drivers from the 364.
Juan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 05:35 PM   #6
mjd

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan01 View Post
I also have the same problem with my laptop MSI with windows 7 64 bit and Nvidia drivers from the 364.
I can confirm the same problem here. GeForce driver version 362.00 is the latest display driver that I can get to work with DisplayLink external monitors. I've tried every version Nvidia has released up to 365.10 without success. I'll see a cursor over a black screen, or pinwheel icon, depending on whether I have 1 or 2 monitors connected to the dock. Downgrade back to 362.00 is the only solution as of now.

I'm using the latest version of DsplayLink USB Graphics Software for Windows 7.9 M7 (7.9.1591.0) on Windows 7.
mjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 04:52 PM   #7
mjd

Any update from DisplayLink? I'd like to upgrade my Nvidia drivers at some point most likely ...
mjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 07:57 AM   #8
AlbanRampon

Sure, we found a work around from the nVidia blocking our DLL
It will be in our version 8.0.
The 8.0 Beta is not stable enough on Windows 7 for me to hand it over to you.

What issue do you have with nVidia driver 362 which is solved by 365?

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 07:33 PM   #9
GrakesDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by arampon View Post
Sure, we found a work around from the nVidia blocking our DLL
It will be in our version 8.0.
The 8.0 Beta is not stable enough on Windows 7 for me to hand it over to you.

What issue do you have with nVidia driver 362 which is solved by 365?
Is it by any chance more stable in Win10? - I cant use my dock for anything atm and even an unstable version would be better than no picture at all...
GrakesDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 01:41 PM   #10
AlbanRampon

Hello,

There is only no picture on nVidia >362 and only on Windows 7. We have implemented a workaround ***their*** change preventing our DLL from being loaded in our upcoming version 8.0.

It is less time consuming not to install nVidia 365 driver rather than installing Windows 10. But by all means, if you wish to install Windows 10, you can.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote