Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 01-12-2016, 09:26 AM   #1
emjayar84

Default Displaylink software not working after Windows update

Hi all,

I am using the Toshiba Dynadock U3.0 with a Lenovo Z510. Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.

Windows recently installed an update onto my system: KB3087040

I noticed something was up when Windows notified me of the above update to be installed as it interrupted the display link connection as the monitors just turned off and I could only see onto my laptop screen.

After the update was installed the screens worked fine, so did the USB connections and the network, however, the sound was only running through the laptop speakers.

I uninstalled the drivers using the cleaner utility and reinstalled the DisplayLink_7.9M0.exe (Please note, when this happened a couple months ago with a Windows update uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers solved the problem).

Once this installed correctly the screens came back on and everything worked, but before I could log in everything turned off again.

I'm going to try uninstalling again later today as I have some work to do, but I wanted to quickly type this out in the forums to see if this is a known problem?

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Mark
emjayar84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 12:05 PM   #2
JamesH

Hi Mark,

I'm unaware of this issue.

Can try doing a clean install of v7.9 M4?

Specifically, uninstall 7.9 M0, run the DisplayLink Cleaner, and install v7.9 M4 from here

If you still are having problems after this please attach the output of this tool

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote