Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2014, 08:44 PM   #1
mynetdude

Default Having issues with Toshiba dynadock

System:

Lenovo Ideapad Y510p dual GT750M
16GB RAM
win8.1
Displaylink software 7.7MO
Nvidia drivers are updated to the latest

Problem:

Initially it worked fine but the USB mouse was freezing up all over the place; so then I updated the software and then it told me something about incompatible display drivers so I proceeded to uninstall everything displaylink related then reinstalled (of course with each successive reboots)

After that; I was getting a blank monitor with the latest everything, tried to get into the Nvidia control panel while actively using the dock but that doesn't work so I unplugged it and turned on SLI then plugged the dock back in and behold it works but with one problem:

I'm getting all kinds of artifacts that won't go away when I drag windows or access the Modern/Metro UI and then of course the desktop background isn't fitting the whole screen as it should but as I keep writing this I keep discovering more!

I did use the display link tool for compatibility and it passes; I had it do the zip file thing twice on two different configurations; once for SLI and once for not.

Then I proceeded to try changing the resolution on the display that is attached to the dock and that solved the artifacts issues as well as backgrounds, etc

So my question is; and I assume that the displaylink technology works better WITH SLI than without? Is there any reason to NOT use SLI? (I don't seem to notice any noticeable difference using it (before I got the dock) but haven't tried gaming with it with the dock to see if there's any difference really.

I have those files just in case

Crazy thing is this works much better on the Lenovo Helix which only has the intel 4000 GPU and I'm amazed this works with my Dell Ultrasharp 24" IPS monitor
mynetdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 01:06 PM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

Yes DisplayLink technology works best if the SLI setup is enabled.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote