Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 06-28-2018, 05:34 PM   #381
Alanant

Quote:
Originally Posted by donluca View Post
Is that the new public beta? I've read today that they released the beta in public, maybe it's a new build?
Yes, its the public beta, which in turn is the second developer beta.
Alanant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 06:27 PM   #382
slvrscoobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanant View Post
Just sharing that the problem is not resolved in Mojave 10.14 beta 1.
Does the 'beta' still work? I dont imagine Apple GARA about 'fixing it'- its entirely on DL to find a work around or redevelop the framework. was thinking of trying it out, but dont want to lose the 'working' beta 5 I have now.
slvrscoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 06:40 AM   #383
pacmanbneNL

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrscoobie View Post
Does the 'beta' still work? I dont imagine Apple GARA about 'fixing it'- its entirely on DL to find a work around or redevelop the framework. was thinking of trying it out, but dont want to lose the 'working' beta 5 I have now.
I also am running beta 2 of Mojave and the working beta from display link still functions.

That being said I have had stability issues with the Apples Airplay agent from time to time it seems to crash and the only way I have found to get it restarted is by rebooting my laptop
pacmanbneNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 02:25 PM   #384
slvrscoobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacmanbneNL View Post
I also am running beta 2 of Mojave and the working beta from display link still functions.

That being said I have had stability issues with the Apples Airplay agent from time to time it seems to crash and the only way I have found to get it restarted is by rebooting my laptop
thanks, might give it a go this weekend then on my 13". Still trying to see if the continuity activation hack from 10.11 will work on it too with my 17" mbp - havent gotten confirmation thats ok yet either.
slvrscoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 06:24 AM   #385
displayhero

next release is not until september... in for a long wait
displayhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:12 AM   #386
Wozzy

JULY

Have you notice DisplayLink its now July. Your last beta was May.

When will we see a final release?
Wozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:52 PM   #387
stfm

This is entirely on Apple. Pulling this shit on a point release is idiotic, since we won't be able to get the security updates without the damaging code. This happens all the time. Suddenly your printer or Wacom board doesn't work, and the makers refuse to rewrite the drivers for old hardware. I feel bad for the companies that suffer from Apples' poor programming ethics. A point release should never break anything, unless it's addressing a serious bug.

Apple has become much worse than Microsoft in this regard. Especially killing API:s for no apparent reason. In their mind you're on your own if you don't run all-Apple. Microsoft mostly kill their own products, which seems fairer.
stfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 12:25 PM   #388
MC Ren

Quote:
Originally Posted by stfm View Post
This is entirely on Apple. Pulling this shit on a point release is idiotic, since we won't be able to get the security updates without the damaging code. This happens all the time. Suddenly your printer or Wacom board doesn't work, and the makers refuse to rewrite the drivers for old hardware. I feel bad for the companies that suffer from Apples' poor programming ethics. A point release should never break anything, unless it's addressing a serious bug.

Apple has become much worse than Microsoft in this regard. Especially killing API:s for no apparent reason. In their mind you're on your own if you don't run all-Apple. Microsoft mostly kill their own products, which seems fairer.
Never had a problem with any accessory, etc with 5 macs I've owned, except with this BS display link issue. I'd hardly say this happens with Apple all the time. Maybe you are better off with sticking with microsoft products...
MC Ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 12:36 PM   #389
Neo.aka.Darkman

There is still no source code for 10.13.4. That's why DisplayLink can't move forward (I assume).

In 10.13.4 Apple made native support for external Videocards. But with this move they closed opportunity to use virtual Videoadapters such as DisplayLink.
So we all must wait till Apple releases source code for 10.13.4.

All we need is patience!

P.S. I do not work for DisplayLink
Neo.aka.Darkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 01:20 PM   #390
daan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
Hi All,

Quick update. We (think we) have found out where everything breaks. It's a pretty fundamental change, probably linked to the eGPU hot plug functionality.

Now we "just" have to find a way to overcome the issue. How hard can it be!

Regards,
Carlo
Yes, how hard can it be?

Such a long time with no results shown. If I'd put away $25 per week since that post I'd be able to buy a really nice eGPU solution by now.
daan is offline   Reply With Quote