Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 05-22-2018, 04:33 PM   #291
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Update: May 22nd
Dear DisplayLink macOS users,

Installing macOS 10.13.4 will cause DisplayLink connected displays to go blank after the OS update when using DisplayLink driver v4.1. Extended displays continue to work as expected in macOS 10.13.3, and we can only recommend that you stay on macOS 10.13.3 or earlier if you require this feature and have not already updated. Functionality such as Ethernet and audio, where implemented, is unaffected.

We released DisplayLink driver v4.3 beta 4 providing an interim solution with one extended USB display (720p or 1080p) on macOS 10.13.4, using Apple AirPlay®. All additional DisplayLink screens will be cloning the primary display.
Next week, we will be releasing DisplayLink driver v4.3 beta5. It will fix the update mechanism, so you don't have to uninstall the previous version before installing the new one. You will no longer need to replug your USB device after rebooting. We also have additional improvements we are trying to fit in that release.

Please see the FAQ for details on how to enable Apple AirPlay with DisplayLink display for extend or mirror mode.

Our team has made some solid progress towards finding a solution which would restore full extended display support for multiple DisplayLink displays in a future release of macOS, but we are unable to provide a time-frame or a date for release of this solution at this time. We will keep updating this thread as soon as we are able to.

Thank you for your continued patience and we appreciate your feedback and support.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 08:56 PM   #292
daan

Question

When will support for 1200x1600 portrait mode be added? I still can't use my portrait-landscape-portrait setup (which has cost me an arm and a leg).
daan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:25 PM   #293
make dsplyLink gr8t again

Default Please make the permanent fix NOT-reliant on AirPlay. I don't have AirPlay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
Update: May 22nd
Dear DisplayLink macOS users,

Installing macOS 10.13.4 will cause DisplayLink connected displays to go blank after the OS update when using DisplayLink driver v4.1. Extended displays continue to work as expected in macOS 10.13.3, and we can only recommend that you stay on macOS 10.13.3 or earlier if you require this feature and have not already updated. Functionality such as Ethernet and audio, where implemented, is unaffected.

We released DisplayLink driver v4.3 beta 4 providing an interim solution with one extended USB display (720p or 1080p) on macOS 10.13.4, using Apple AirPlay®. All additional DisplayLink screens will be cloning the primary display.
Next week, we will be releasing DisplayLink driver v4.3 beta5. It will fix the update mechanism, so you don't have to uninstall the previous version before installing the new one. You will no longer need to replug your USB device after rebooting. We also have additional improvements we are trying to fit in that release.

Please see the FAQ for details on how to enable Apple AirPlay with DisplayLink display for extend or mirror mode.

Our team has made some solid progress towards finding a solution which would restore full extended display support for multiple DisplayLink displays in a future release of macOS, but we are unable to provide a time-frame or a date for release of this solution at this time. We will keep updating this thread as soon as we are able to.

Thank you for your continued patience and we appreciate your feedback and support.

Kind regards,
Alban
It's all in the title: Please make the permanent fix NOT-reliant on AirPlay. I don't have AirPlay.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:45 AM   #294
RainbowShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daan View Post
When will support for 1200x1600 portrait mode be added? I still can't use my portrait-landscape-portrait setup (which has cost me an arm and a leg).
SNAP!

Another vote for needing rotation soon!
RainbowShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:06 PM   #295
daan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowShooter View Post
SNAP!

Another vote for needing rotation soon!
YES

And more resolutions.
daan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:29 PM   #296
jsox78

I appreciate the progress, but at this point I'm still having all types of issues.

I'm currently running a 2016 13" MacBook Pro on 10.13.5 Beta 5 with the latest DisplayLink Beta Driver 4.3 Beta 4.

I can get things up and running, but it seems that something crashes every few minutes as the displays go blank and then come back after 5 to 10 seconds.

I'm running two Dell P2016 monitors connected to a Startech DK30CH2DPPD via DisplayPort.

Looking forward to finally getting this resolved.
jsox78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:42 AM   #297
foxfire

Default Microsoft strategy

Last year, I was at a tech conference where Satya Nadella said "Over the coming years, we are deploying an aggressive strategy to increase our Windows user base significantly".

Now it makes sense.

Seriously though, my entire set up doesn't work anymore and cost me a ton of money, all to be undone by a MacOS update not playing nicely with DL software. This is a massive liability since I rely on it professionally. With this knowledge, I need to investigate what I can do as to not rely on DL software going forward. Even if DL fixes it for the current release version of MacOS, we could be having the same issue & conversation after the next MacOS update. My confidence in DL software for MacOS has - unfortunately - all but disappeared.

*dusting off Windows for Dummies*
foxfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 03:44 PM   #298
Wozzy

What is the ETA for a final release.

Betas are all well and good and we can see progress but we will not distribute a beta to our users.

What we need to see is more resolutions and easier setup.
Wozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 07:47 PM   #299
State_from_Jake_Farm

Come on people please be patient! They will release a new version sometime within our lifetimes!

And let us try to be fair, it's not like they were aware of this issue since Mac OS X 10.13.4 Beta 1 was released on 1/24/2018.
State_from_Jake_Farm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 07:56 PM   #300
qmclaugh

Default 4.3b4 AirPlay workaround fails with proper Security&Privacy set

Read about the Airplay workaround but this fails too. I have DisplayLinkUserAgent approved as an app to control my computer in the Security and Privacy settings. I have a freshly installed macbook pro (2014) with no previous display link drivers. I installed new driver, allowed the Display Link software in privacy settings, set the DisplayLinkUserAgent to be allowed - and nothing shows up in airplay. Mirroring option is checked in Display Settings.

Now what?
qmclaugh is offline   Reply With Quote