Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 06-15-2018, 12:00 AM   #1
Sangho Suh

Default Plans for drivers compatible with versions higher than 10.13.3

Is there a plan to develop drivers that work for versions higher than 10.13.3? That is, can we wait in hope that this issue will be resolved or do we have to downgrade the version to 10.13.3 if we want to use the product?
Sangho Suh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 03:05 AM   #2
MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangho Suh View Post
Is there a plan to develop drivers that work for versions higher than 10.13.3? That is, can we wait in hope that this issue will be resolved or do we have to downgrade the version to 10.13.3 if we want to use the product?
Though Displaylink has provided a partial fix with Airplay and claims to work on a fix, even Mojave beta users report no success.

I have been waiting for a long time, but I finally gave up and down-graded all the way to Sierra. So, if you need your monitors now I would advise downgrading. Upgrade your OS back whenever DisplayLink has a fix.
MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 10:06 AM   #3
warlockuk

My Mac has just updated to 10.13.6, and my two monitors using the external CableMatters displaylink USB3 to HDMI adapters stopped working.

Updating to beta drivers, they can only show a mirrored display of what's on the main Macbook screen. Which is especially annoying given that one of them is a display which is rotated by 90 degrees.

Rolling back the OS isn't an option. Is there anything coming that can fix this, or are these two display adapters basically junk for me now?
warlockuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 10:21 AM   #4
warlockuk

Slight update, I enabled permissions under Security -> Privacy to let Displaylink control some stuff.

Now the screens are possessed.

My 90 degree screen is automatically setting the Airplay workaround, so it can't be rotated
My other device is just mirroring my main screen.

Devices are junk, then. It's been six months since this problem was raised so I guess it's not likely to be fixed so I'm down by two screens.

More to the point it looks like Apple "don't" support display over USB, so they probably don't care that they just broke most docks. Just because they "don't" support something doesn't mean they should evade this issue either; they know about most of the products out there from Kensington and others for their products, they probably use a great number of them. To suddenly break products and claim "we don't support" something used by a number of hardware manufacturers and partners isn't really acceptable.

Last edited by warlockuk; 08-13-2018 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Expansion of post, blaming Apple.
warlockuk is offline   Reply With Quote