Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 09-18-2018, 12:58 AM   #1
Greggpj

Angry Mac 10.13.6 still not working

Hi there,

Just installed Mac 10.13.6 and DisplayLink 4.3 Release version. After all is done, I still have only mirrored monitors and cannot have it spread out among my three monitors. When I go to Display > AirPlay > DisplayLink and try to switch to DisplayLink, I receive an error stating "Could not connect to "DisplayLink"". I have set DisplayLinkUserAgent correctly in my Privacy settings. I removed it and readded it - no joy. What next, is this still broken?
Greggpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 02:51 PM   #2
peppahgos@gmail.com

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggpj View Post
Hi there,

Just installed Mac 10.13.6 and DisplayLink 4.3 Release version. After all is done, I still have only mirrored monitors and cannot have it spread out among my three monitors. When I go to Display > AirPlay > DisplayLink and try to switch to DisplayLink, I receive an error stating "Could not connect to "DisplayLink"". I have set DisplayLinkUserAgent correctly in my Privacy settings. I removed it and readded it - no joy. What next, is this still broken?
same here.. it used to work fine until the high sierra update!
peppahgos@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:50 PM   #3
Wozzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppahgos@gmail.com View Post
same here.. it used to work fine until the high sierra update!
Yep, also seeing this on numerous Macs we have.

Mirrors, does not extend. Think DL need to stop saying it works on HS 10.13.6
Wozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 12:29 AM   #4
buttonjaw

Having the same issue on my MBA running 10.13.6 and iclever usb hub. 4.3.1 was working last week but now it’s not.
buttonjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:36 AM   #5
warlockuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttonjaw View Post
Having the same issue on my MBA running 10.13.6 and iclever usb hub. 4.3.1 was working last week but now it’s not.
Currently for me it's hit and miss if it works.

No mirror options on, but it's mirroring my 90 degree display. No way to force that to stop.
Sometimes when I plug in it will work after 5 minutes or so. Other times the driver will freak out and the only way out is to hold the power button and force a reboot.

It messes up the resolution of my laptop screen when unplugged.

One other thing to mention - when it does work, the resolutions are wrong. My screen is 1920x1200, that gets detected and automatically set... but the rendering resolution from the driver is 1080p, which it then stretches up to the native screen size - making text fuzzy. I have to set 1920x1080 on a 1920x1200 monitor in order to have text that doesn't make my eyes sad.

It's just a mess for us folk with older MacBooks who are stuck on 10.13.6. I'm sure everyone's doing their best, at this point I'm just pointing out what is broken rather than complaining. After 9 months, complaining would be just screaming into the wind.

Last edited by warlockuk; 10-15-2018 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Added extra bug
warlockuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 04:31 PM   #6
markst@wni.com

So my problem seems to be a little different than what I've been seeing on here, which is also even more frustrating.

I recently updated to 10.13.6 and my display link adapter has gone crazy. I am getting a mirror image on my second display even when I turn off mirroring. However, the non-mirrored display seems to be there I just can't see it. If I scroll over I can click on the second display desktop and it selects what I click on (I figured this out by opening my Display Preferences and I can click on the DisplayLink (AirPlay) window, though it does take a little hunting around to click on it since I can't see anything over there). The LAN port seems to be working just fine as well, so this is clearly just a problem with his it's displaying my second monitor. I've tried 4.3 and 4.3 b6 and I get the same results. I have an Early 2015 13" MacBook Air, so it isn't the new hardware problem.
markst@wni.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 09:10 AM   #7
warlockuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by markst@wni.com View Post
So my problem seems to be a little different than what I've been seeing on here, which is also even more frustrating.

I recently updated to 10.13.6 and my display link adapter has gone crazy. I am getting a mirror image on my second display even when I turn off mirroring. However, the non-mirrored display seems to be there I just can't see it. If I scroll over I can click on the second display desktop and it selects what I click on (I figured this out by opening my Display Preferences and I can click on the DisplayLink (AirPlay) window, though it does take a little hunting around to click on it since I can't see anything over there). The LAN port seems to be working just fine as well, so this is clearly just a problem with his it's displaying my second monitor. I've tried 4.3 and 4.3 b6 and I get the same results. I have an Early 2015 13" MacBook Air, so it isn't the new hardware problem.
I get a similar thing.
One time I had to hard reset because the airplay part became possessed and kept trying to set the monitor settings ad infinitum.

Sometimes the external mirrors a screen when mirroring is off. Sometimes that can be fixed by setting mirroring from the screen that is mirrored to *on*, and then after a minute turn it off again. It's... a pain. Especially when you unplug everything and the native Macbook Pro screen resolution goes nuts. Just an awful experience - but it kinda sorta works for now, if you jump through enough hoops.
warlockuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 02:33 PM   #8
movdqa

I just bought a gofanco USB 3.0 to HDML/DVI and spent several hours trying to get it to work with my 2014 MacBook Pro 15 running 10.13.6. I can't upgrade to Mojave because our company doesn't support it yet. I installed and uninstalled DL 4.3.1 about six times trying to get it to work, and I did update the privacy options for DisplayLink. All I get is a mirrored display. When I try to select AirPlay options to connect to DisplayLink, it fails with a popup: "Could not connect to "DisplayLink". The pulldown for AirPlay in the task bar lists:

AirPlay: Off
AirPlay To:
DisplayLink
Open Displays Preferences ...

Could someone from the company respond to this thread to tell us that they aren't going to work on this or that they are going to work on it or that they are working on it?
movdqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 01:41 PM   #9
movdqa

I'm working with gofanco support on this problem as I have their device. They had me try 4.2 Beta 6 and I tried it this morning and it doesn't work. I used to work in Customer Services Engineering and Sustaining Engineering and we wrote tools to better help customers diagnose difficult engineering problems. I sense a fairly big disconnect between DisplayLink and the device manufacturers but I'm willing to work through the process.
movdqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:32 PM   #10
Endless

I was trying to make a post about this.
But for some reason I am not able to make any new posts, just respond to existing threads.

Still stuck dealing in Clone mode.
Endless is offline   Reply With Quote