Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2012, 10:43 PM   #1
fmattos

Default Problems with Kensington Universal Multi Display Adapter K33928

Recently I switched from windows XP to Windows 7 and since the begining I started to have problems with the Kensingtong multi-display adapter K33928. I have downloaded the latest Kesington driver from Kensington site for Windows 7 and also the latest DisplayLink driver. I have a DELL Latitude Laptop connected to a DELL Dock Station. From the dock station I have to HP monitors (2009m and 2010m) connected via DVI cables; I have a third monitor (SAMSUNG TV 23-in) connected via the Kensington Universal Multi-Display Adapter using a USB plugged into the DELL doct station. I use a wireless mouse and keyboard also connected via the USB port to the DELL Dock Station. The laptop has a NVIDIA NVS 4200 adapter type. I can see all three monitors either using Windows/Control Panel option or by clicking directly onto the Kensington icon and then selecting the video setup option.

I can see the three monitors and work with them with no problems. The problem starts when the monitors go to sleep. Usually when I used Windows XP I just needed to move the mouse and the monitors came back to life. Now, when the monitors go to sleep, they start to sound similar to when you plug or unplug a device; then when I move the mouse to wake up the monitors and the laptop, the computer just got frozen and cannot re-start at all. I have to turn it off and then turn it on to re-start the laptop and the monitors.

I'll appreciatte if someone can help please. Many thanks in advance. Please let me know if you need additional info. I am not a system experts some any guidance will be much appreciatted.

Last edited by fmattos; 08-27-2012 at 10:47 PM.
fmattos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:35 PM   #2
George QD

Check your setting at "Control Panel - Power Settings", if the setting "Put your computer to sleep" is selected, then it will be doing so after the defined period. Typically you'd press the computers power button again so wake-up and restore the previously running programs. It will not wake-up with peripheral activity. What you describe sound like the setting for "Turn off the display" which will turn the display back on with peripheral activity.
George QD is offline   Reply With Quote