Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Enabled Products > What to buy?

Old 03-04-2018, 06:37 PM   #1
cots

Default Samsung Tab S3 to VGA

Hello,

I have a new Samsung Tab S3. Unfortunately I have learnt that Samsung no longer supports MHL. However, thanks to aa quick surf on the internet, I have seen that S3 can be connected to HDMI via Displaylink products. I'd like to connect my S3 to a VGA projector device on my university only to copy the screen. I'd like to know if any of your devices support tihs option.

Thanks in advance,
Selim
cots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:20 PM   #2
rhw80

Default BVU5500H with Samsung Tab S3

I purchased a Diamond BVU5500H adapter plus a USB C to USB A adapter for my Samsung Tab S3. The Android Displaylink app on the tablet however won't recognize the BVU5500H so I'm not sure this is a viable solution.
rhw80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 10:26 AM   #3
aruproy@gmail.com

I am experiencing a strange behavior on "Samsung Galaxy Tab S3". "Device Maintenance" is a system app on this device.

I need to establish wired connection from the tab to projector. Since MHL is not supported on the tab, I am trying to use DisplayLink adapters with "DisplayLink Presenter" app.

I have two types of DisplayLink adapters.
1. Diamond USB 3.0 display adapter
2. RayCue USB 3.0 HDMI Adapter.

I have several Android tabs/phones (including Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2, Lenovo Tab3 etc.) - my setup works perfectly on all but "Samsung Galaxy Tab S3" tabs(I have multiple units).

If I change USB mode from notification bar, the USB mode is falling back to charging automatically. On other devices I see system message to allow screen capture and streaming confirmation dialog as soon as DisplayLink adapter is connected on OTG.

I suspect "Device Maintenance" is killing "DisplayLink Presenter" service. I have disabled power save mode in "Device Maintenance". But I cannot make my setup working from "Samsung Galaxy Tab S3". Any help in resolving this issue is much appreciated.

Regards

Last edited by aruproy@gmail.com; 06-15-2018 at 10:29 AM.
aruproy@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote