Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 10-19-2018, 01:16 AM   #1
dioxin

Default High Sierra 10.13.6 displaylink reconnection failure

Hello.

I'm an IT tech at my company and I've been having an ongoing issue with the displaylink software on macbook air 13's running high sierra. This is with multiple machines, using different types of displaylink adapters running the latest 4.3.1 displaylink software as well as the previous version.

Once everything is installed and configured properly, from a cold boot with everything connected, things will come up and function properly, with the airplay automatically connecting to the displaylink adapter.

The trouble begins when you disconnect the laptop to go to a meeting and then come back and reconnect. The airplay absolutely will not reconnect to the displaylink adapter until the machine is restarted. I'm able to recreate the issue with multiple machines, driver versions, and displaylink adapter setups.

When reconnecting, the screen connected to the displaylink adapter will turn back on, but will be stuck in mirror mode with no recourse until the machine is restarted.

Any ideas here?
dioxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 10:45 AM   #2
Wozzy

The reality is the software is junk in 10.13.4-10.13.6
Wozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 10:30 PM   #3
dioxin

Yes, as I'm painfully aware. I'm doing some realworld testing of the 5.0.1 driver under Mojave, which is looking much more promising.
dioxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 02:39 PM   #4
movdqa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dioxin View Post
Hello.

I'm an IT tech at my company and I've been having an ongoing issue with the displaylink software on macbook air 13's running high sierra. This is with multiple machines, using different types of displaylink adapters running the latest 4.3.1 displaylink software as well as the previous version.

Once everything is installed and configured properly, from a cold boot with everything connected, things will come up and function properly, with the airplay automatically connecting to the displaylink adapter.

The trouble begins when you disconnect the laptop to go to a meeting and then come back and reconnect. The airplay absolutely will not reconnect to the displaylink adapter until the machine is restarted. I'm able to recreate the issue with multiple machines, driver versions, and displaylink adapter setups.

When reconnecting, the screen connected to the displaylink adapter will turn back on, but will be stuck in mirror mode with no recourse until the machine is restarted.

Any ideas here?
I'd really love to know how you got 4.3.1 to work on 10.13.6. I've been tearing my hair out trying to get it to work. Company doesn't support Mojave yet so I can't upgrade.
movdqa is offline   Reply With Quote