Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source

Old 08-28-2022, 04:29 AM   #1
Archdruid

Default Kubuntu: Display was working...and then stopped?

I bought this HDMI adapter from amazon:

I went ahead, opened it up, and followed the instructions.
I downloaded the displaylink driver from the website, the zip file of which is attached here

I successfully completed installation (I did have to install dkms through sudo apt install dkms). I then plugged my adapter into my computer, and then plugged in ONE monitor into the HDMI port on the adapter. The screen was properly extended. I THEN plugged in the second monitor (the adapter has two ports) and only the first one remained on (the laptop screen was also on). I attempted to work out if it was simply a port issue and ,after trying a different port, NEITHER monitor was displayed. I tried to fix this by uninstalling and reinstalling the 5.6 version; then uninstalling 5.6 and reinstalling 5.4; removing the evdi partition, and reinstalling 5.6; trying all different monitor setups.

I figured out that my computer IS indeed recognizing the monitor (open the Display Configuration application to see extended monitors and screen). In fact, my mouse extends off to the left side of where my screen SHOULD be. ALthough NOTHING shows up on my monitor, it just says that NO HDMI is connected (detecting no signal)

Is my adapter broken? Should I buy a new one? Can I fix this issue through a software amendment? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Archdruid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kubuntu displaylink