Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2013, 11:33 PM   #1
Mrcaminante

Default Monitors switching on an off randomly after update.

I have a laptot ASUS G73JW.

I am using the monitor on the laptop, a HP2511 on the DVI port of the laptop and a ASUS VH242H on the Display link, connected with DVI to HDMI adapter.

I've been using that setup for several months, and today windows update downloaded updates for the NVidia video card, the USB Fresco Root hub and the Display link USB 3.0 adapter.

During the download the screens where switching on and off, preceded by the "chime" that sounds every time a USD device is plugged or unplugged.

I waited until the updates were done, restarted the computer, but it is doing the same. Most of the time, when the monitors turn on again, the windows are in a different monitor.

If I connect the Display Link adapter, but unplug the monitor from it, the other two don't turn on and off.

All the drivers should be the latest versions. On the device manager there are no messages about devices not installed properly.

I have uploaded the support files. Is there any known issue with ASUS/Nvidia/Fresco?

I hope you can help me.

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 20130528_183056.zip (530.8 KB, 1 views)
Mrcaminante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:08 AM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

Please uninstall the DisplayLink Graphics software. If after doing that the DisplayLink Core Software software remains then please also uninstall that.

After removing all DisplayLink software run the DisplayLink cleaner tool which you can get from here: http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=297

Re-install the latest DisplayLink software and let me know how you get on.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote