Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2013, 01:42 PM   #11
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredmny View Post
DisplayLink: Where did the three posts go that describe the registry keys that improve the display performance? They were the only thing that has been prescribed so far that improved the symptoms while we wait for a driver fix.

Were these posts deleted without notifying the authors? I know that I, for one, put in a fair amount of effort to try to determine a setting that would help other users. To see that effort wiped out is frustrating, to say the least!
I've PMed you about this.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:54 PM   #12
jeffhoward001

Default Screen pixelation?

I'm not sure if that's even a word ("pixelation"), but that's the best way I can describe it. Whenever an animation takes place in Win8 on my X1 Carbon w/ the Lenovo USB 3.0 dock, strange pixelation occurs on the screen (anywhere on the screen, not just the animation).

It's most analogous to a REALLY low-res jpeg, and is most obviously with high-contrast colors. What's weird is that it doesn't happen all the time. If I had to guess, I'd say about 50% of the time? I can't figure out what fixes it either as power-down reboots or undocking/redocking doesn't always fix it.

I dock/undock a couple times a day, and it's a flip of the coin whether the issue will occur. The easiest way to reproduce it is to roll the mouse over the icons on the taskbar. As it highlights the icon under the mouse, the other icons look like low-res jpegs.

To be clear, if it's not happening, then everything's fine. I can watch 1080p video with crisp graphics. When it does occur though, everything runs like crap. Even 480p video or moving around an MS Word document will cause the pixelation and high CPU usage.

Just want to be sure this is the same issue others are mentioning, and add a little more detail to the symptoms.

Thanks,

- Jeff
jeffhoward001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:12 AM   #13
throndsen

This also happens to me (Win7, X1 Carbon, HP Compaq LA2405wg display, DU9019D1 dock). I've always been happy with ThinkPads before, but this flicker issue (plus general sluggishness and unpredictability when docking) is pretty disappointing.

I hope this issue is solved in the next driver release.
throndsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:13 AM   #14
Wim

Can you retry with v7.2?

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:55 AM   #15
throndsen

Hi Wim,

Just installed, thanks! So far it looks good. During install I got some error messages ("Displaylink Network Adapter NCM" seemed to fail to install) - but things seem to be working.

I'll update the thread if the artifacts reappear.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:55 AM   #16
throndsen

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Can you retry with v7.2?

Wim
Sorry, the problems may have diminished, but there are still some artifacts and some mouse pointer lag. Less bad than before, but still there.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:25 PM   #17
jaredmny

Cool

I agree... Many problems are better. The flickering and image deterioration issues seem to have resolved and I'm getting better than three times higher network throughput without the connection mysteriously dying. However a host of other issues now seem to be occurring. I had several instances yesterday where when the system got busy, the display link connected screens just went black for two seconds, then came back. I've also seen a couple of BSOD with a DPC_WATCHDOG timeout.

Any thoughts on these new symptoms?

Thanks for working through them...
jaredmny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:39 PM   #18
throndsen

Default Any news?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Can you retry with v7.2?

Wim
Hi, is anything happening here? I have tried installing 7.2M1 but still experience regular and very noticeable artifacts as well as very bad mouse lag, particularly whenever I have a couple of Chrome tabs with flash ads in them. I have two 1920 x 1200 displays connected to the docking station, but that's hardly a very exotic setup now.

A solution would be extremely welcome. It is no fun to feel like I'm working on a terminal server over a laggy line to Ulan Bator when my company has purchased what is supposed to be state of the art hardware.

Last edited by throndsen; 05-29-2013 at 02:41 PM.