Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2013, 06:38 AM   #1
jim8

Default Helix + Lenovo USB3 Dock = Slow 1Gb Ethernet and high cpu usage

My 1Gb ethernet connection through the Lenovo USB3 Dock on my Lenovo Thinkpad Helix is maxing out at around 28MB/s over my 1Gb capable router and NAS. (I can get 90MB/s transfers on my other laptop with it's own ethernet port.) The cpu usage also goes up to 68%+ and it's an i7 and goes at 2GHZ and all it's doing is transferring a single large 4-6GB file with no other applications running (antivirus and internet security uninstalled). When I watch a local video, the network transfer speed drops down to ~15MB/s

I am running 7.2M1 and all drivers/software on my Lenovo Helix are updated as far as I'm aware of. The dock is plugged into the USB 3 port on the keyboard section. I have tried both USB3 ports. On the dock I'm using a usb2 hub for my keyboard and mouse wireless receivers, and ethernet (on CAT6 cable), and 1 DVI (1920x1200) connection. Under device manager, the usb3 dock is under the superspeed usb3 connection.

The slow gigabit connect needs to be much much faster (else don't call it gigabit) and the high cpu usage during transfers needs to go away.. This has been a terrible user experience so far for someone who needs a fast gigabit connection.

Last edited by jim8; 05-24-2013 at 12:30 PM.
jim8 is offline   Reply With Quote