Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 03:34 PM   #1
Derek Alexander

Default DisplayLink DL-1x0 or auto install devices do not work in Windows 10 Anniversary

I just upgraded to the RC of Windows 10 Anniversary.

Display Link is not working. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, using the cleaner to do the uninstall.

It simply refuses to recognise my second monitor. It doesn't show up in the Device Manager.

I have restarted my machine after install, and I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the power on the display link (that used to work) all to no avail.

Please help.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:00 PM   #2
Derek Alexander

All I have now is a glorified USB hub.

This really needs to be fixed. The driver you have published is useless, all it is now doing is powering the USB slots.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:01 PM   #3
rmcclark

My system is working fine with build 14393
Old 07-27-2016, 09:29 AM   #4
Derek Alexander

I've spent so much time on this, and it simply doesn't work.

I noticed that even after running the cleaner, some of the DisplayLink files/drivers where left behind. I deleted these myself, and tried again. Still not working.

I have a Dell XPS, a Dell D3000 DisplayLink hub and a Dell Monitor. It really shouldn't be difficult to get these to work together.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:58 AM   #5
AlbanRampon

Hello Derek,

We have more than 20,000 user currently using the 8.0 M0 driver on the Windows Insiders program.

If nothing is showing in Device Manager, then it is likely that your device is not enumerating. If Windows doesn't see a device, then Windows doesn't even bother looking for a driver...

Would you please be able to connect the device, then gather the logs as described in my email signature.
This will show me what's in Device Manager, potentially as a failed device. It will also show me what driver is currently installed on your computer.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
Old 07-31-2016, 05:59 PM   #6
Computerg767

Hello,

Have you tried updating your Bios on your laptop at all?
Some people say the latest Bios for a Dell XPS sometimes fixes the problem.

Give it a shot if it does work let me know.

computerg767
Old 08-03-2016, 01:52 AM   #7
NedFlanders

Angry

I am having the same problem. First it was with my HP Laptop (Win 10 Home 32Bit - My Insider Test Machine). It was running the Insider beta and kicked out the previous version of DisplayLink after the 2nd. to last Cumulative Update just prior to the Anniversary Update. I uninstalled the old version of DisplayLink and Updated to 8.0 MO but all I get is a blank Screen with the monitor light on.

Today I updated my DeskTop (Win 10 Pro 64 bit) and same problem kicked out by Windows install, updated driver to 8.0 MO but blank screen.

I am currently updating my last Laptop (HP Running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit) I will update this post when its done.

Update: 3 for 3 - my last Laptop did the same so 3 different computers all running the Windows 10 Anniversary update all running the latest DisplayLink diver having the same blank monitor issue.

Ned

Last edited by NedFlanders; 08-03-2016 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Update
Old 08-03-2016, 07:34 AM   #8
john7

Its not working right for me either. There is no icon on task bar and the mouse is located on the laptop not main monitor on ever restart (hibernation or reboot). I have reinstalled with no change.
I also have done a clean uninstall using the cleaner program and after the reinstall still no task bar icon so I have no way of access/changing anything.

Last edited by john7; 08-03-2016 at 09:42 AM.
Old 08-03-2016, 10:54 AM   #9
queeg505

Default Same issue here

Same issue here, since updating Win10 to the anniversary edition my displaylink screens no longer work. The update removed the ver 7 of the driver and then I installed the new ver 8. The screens are appearing in the device manager under displays and show they are using the displaylink driver.

I can unplug their USB cable and they "bing bong" out and in and I see them disappear and reappear in the device manager

However they don't appear in the screen settings as available to extend or duplicate and just stay blank. My graphics card is an Nvidia Gforce GTX 670.
Old 08-03-2016, 02:46 PM   #10
queeg505

Answer from tech support:

"It looks like your devices are based on the DL-1x0 chipset which was discontinued 8 years ago. There is a problem with these devices and I think we have a fix which would be released in our next maintenance release in a few weeks time."

So I guess its either new screens time or wait for the fix.
Closed Thread