Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 02-04-2013, 08:51 PM   #1
KenB

Default 10-second delay launched "Metro" apps

When the latest DisplayLink drivers are installed on my computer, all "Metro"-style Windows 8 apps have a long startup delay. Removing the driver restores normal startup time.

Clicking the tile displays the solid-color screen with the large app icon, but the "busy" animation that normally shows beneath the icon does not appear for 7-12 seconds. Once the busy animation appears, the app typically shows its main screen within 0.5-2 seconds.

This weekend, I reinstalled Windows 8 and all apps three times to isolate this. It is the driver and nothing else. (I had suspected group policy for our domain, Hyper-V, and a few other things, but they aren't it.)
KenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:54 PM   #2
jimmyzshack

I'm having this same issue. if i uninstall 7.1 drivers i no longer have the 12 sec lag opening the metro style apps. Please let us know when there is a fix for this. I'm running windows 8 pro on a dell xps 12.
jimmyzshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:11 PM   #3
KenB

Default Are older drivers OK?

If the 7.1 drivers, which are very new, have the 12-second Metro delay, are older drivers available that do not have this delay? If so, where can we find them to test against the Metro delay problem?
Old 02-06-2013, 12:30 PM   #4
jimmyzshack

Forgot to mention the this issue is happening even when you're not plugged into the displaylink device. As long as the driver is install you have this delay.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:32 PM   #5
KenB

True. I just tried the older Lenovo-provided firmware and drivers (likely supplied to them by DisplayLink) and got the same launch delay. This at least means that the problem wasn't introduced with the newest code from last week.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:36 PM   #6
jimmyzshack

Is this issue being addressed? This is very aggravating? It takes 20 sec to open the "metro" mail app with the driver installed. it takes 2 sec if i uninstall the displaylink driver.