Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2018, 08:10 PM   #1
jbenvenuti

Default Black or Non-Functioning USB Screen on a Large Displaylink install

Hello,

I use a lot of Display link (6 Asus MB168B+ 2 more coming and one Dell Displaylink dock with 2 Monitors attached) setup in combination with My Dell Windows 10 Build 15063) E7470 laptop with Intel Integrated Graphics and docking station with 2 Displayport Monitors attached. So effectively I have 11 screens.

I have two issues I want to run by here that I'm hoping someone may answer.

The first issue is my 11th USB screen an Asus MB168B periodically works. But, more often that not, it either displays a black screen or shows a static windows background. It does report as available in the Display properties and it can be rearranged there. Moreover, a mouse and windows can be moved there, but the screen fails to display the content. I have tried to minimize the amount of USB 3.0 devices (Only 56 USB 3.0 Devices in total).

Secondly two other Displaylink Monitors in the same setup are refusing to upgrade their Firmware to the latest build and are stuck on earlier firmware. How can I force them to accept a new firmware build? I do not think that this is a factor with the first issue.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Ben
jbenvenuti is offline   Reply With Quote