Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 05-30-2018, 03:35 PM   #311
State_from_Jake_Farm

Today's 10.13.5 release? Not seeing anything as of 7:35 AM PST.
State_from_Jake_Farm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 04:25 PM   #312
Poly

Quote:
Originally Posted by State_from_Jake_Farm View Post
Today's 10.13.5 release? Not seeing anything as of 7:35 AM PST.
Yes, I was a bit over-optimistic due to the iOS 11.4 release. But you can expect the macOS 10.13.5 within the next days though, since they are closely tied to major iOS releases.
Old 05-31-2018, 02:39 PM   #313
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Update: May 31st
Dear DisplayLink macOS users,

Installing macOS 10.13.4 will cause DisplayLink connected displays to go blank after the OS update when using DisplayLink driver v4.1. Extended displays continue to work as expected in macOS 10.13.3, and we can only recommend that you stay on macOS 10.13.3 or earlier if you require this feature and have not already updated. Functionality such as Ethernet and audio, where implemented, is unaffected.

Today, we released DisplayLink driver v4.3 beta 5 providing an interim solution with one extended USB display (720p or 1080p) on macOS 10.13.4, using Apple AirPlay®. All additional DisplayLink screens will be cloning the primary display.
DisplayLink driver v4.3 beta5 fixes the update mechanism, so you don't have to uninstall the previous version before installing the new one. You no longer need to re-plug your USB device after rebooting, and, with the accessibility permission, AirPlay display will also automatically be reactivated when docking and after rebooting. I preferred delaying this message to postponing the delivery of these usability improvements you asked for.

Please see the simplified FAQ for details on how to enable Apple AirPlay with DisplayLink display for extend or mirror mode.

Our team has made some solid progress towards finding a solution which would restore full extended display support for multiple DisplayLink displays in a future release of macOS, but we are unable to provide a time-frame or a date for release of this solution at this time. We will provide an update on this thread as soon as we are able to do so.

Thank you for your continued patience. We appreciate your feedback and support.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 02:58 PM   #314
wesdonohue

The upgrade mechanism still seems to be broken. I had to completely uninstall to get beta 5 working. Otherwise this seems to be solid progress. Looking forward to the full fix.
wesdonohue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 06:20 PM   #315
phrogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly View Post
Yes, I was a bit over-optimistic due to the iOS 11.4 release. But you can expect the macOS 10.13.5 within the next days though, since they are closely tied to major iOS releases.
This seems reasonable since the 10.13.6 Developer Release and now the Public Beta releases have already been pushed out. It is odd that 10.13.5 has not been released yet!

Last edited by phrogg; 05-31-2018 at 06:23 PM.
phrogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 12:53 AM   #316
Alanant

Just reporting that the problem persists with 10.13.6 Beta 1.
Alanant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 02:29 AM   #317
displayhero

so basically all we got today is just a variation to how the driver installs........

what about the users who dont have airplay??

i have an apple thunderbolt display hooked up to my 2009 desktop, and an acer monitor that has been blank for nearly 2 months now.

any work around for this??
displayhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 08:33 AM   #318
Wozzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanant View Post
Just reporting that the problem persists with 10.13.6 Beta 1.
Yes and it will do. It is not for Apple to fix but for DisplayLink to sort out

It does sound like the Airplay "fix" is temporary and we will get a better solution in the future.

Last edited by Wozzy; 06-01-2018 at 08:48 AM.
Wozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 01:26 PM   #319
Mr.T.

Default 4.3 beta 5

Upgraded to 4.3 beta 5 this morning. Seems to have fixed the network issue now. But DisplayLink still doesn't show up in AirPlay options.
Mr.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 03:53 PM   #320
chadeeven

Default Blank Screen

I'm running 10.13.4 on my MacBook Air. The 4.3 beta 3 worked when it first came out for me. But I installed the beta 4 last week and all I get on my usb monitor is the same blank screen that I got when I upgraded to 10.13.4. I tried uninstalling beta 4 and reinstalling beta 3 and it still doesn't work. I tried installing beta 5 that just came out and no change. I followed the instructions that were posted. The DisplayLink doesn't even show up in my airplay. I've granted permissions for DisplayLinkUserAgent in Accessibility.

I think the first way to solve my problem is understanding why DisplayLink isn't showing up in my Airplay. Can anyone help?
chadeeven is offline   Reply With Quote