Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2024, 03:17 PM   #1
arvinp@buildxact.com

Default MB Air (Sonoma 14) + LG UltraFine 5K Display + Plugable DisplayLink adapter

Hi,

I am currently running a MB Air with Sonoma 14 OS to natively to my LG Ultrafine 5K Display. I have no issues with the connection except when running MS Teams. It slows down and eventually stops running if I am using video in the MS Teams application. My support team sent me a Plugable Docking Station (w/ DisplayLink) technology. I installed the SW onto my MB Air and connected the docking station. Unfortunately, my only connectors from the display is the Thunderbolt USB-C cable into the Plugable docking station's power port. When putting the TB USB-C cable into Plugable's USB port, I receive an error stating that this connection isn't supported. When swapping the TB USB-C to the Plugable's power port, it only provides power but no video to the display.

Does anyone else have this setup and been able to make it work? I would like to explore alternatives before shipping the Plugable docking station back.
arvinp@buildxact.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 11:01 AM   #2
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvinp@buildxact.com View Post
Hi,

I am currently running a MB Air with Sonoma 14 OS to natively to my LG Ultrafine 5K Display. I have no issues with the connection except when running MS Teams. It slows down and eventually stops running if I am using video in the MS Teams application. My support team sent me a Plugable Docking Station (w/ DisplayLink) technology. I installed the SW onto my MB Air and connected the docking station. Unfortunately, my only connectors from the display is the Thunderbolt USB-C cable into the Plugable docking station's power port. When putting the TB USB-C cable into Plugable's USB port, I receive an error stating that this connection isn't supported. When swapping the TB USB-C to the Plugable's power port, it only provides power but no video to the display.

Does anyone else have this setup and been able to make it work? I would like to explore alternatives before shipping the Plugable docking station back.
My impression based on your description is that you are using this LG 27MD5KL-B display --> https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27...hd-led-monitor Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Plugable makes many different model docking stations --> https://plugable.com/collections/docking-stations

Can you please provide the specific model docking station you are using? The model number should be printed on either the side of bottom of the product, and examples of popular Plugable models would be, 'UD-3900' or 'UD-ULTCDL'.
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote