Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #1
Art

Angry Need to Power cycle Targus USB 3.0 every day to connect to laptop

I have an ACP71USZ Targus USB 3.0 docking station that I am using with an HP Folio 13 laptop. I have installed all of the latest drivers from HP and DisplayLink (June 12, 2012) was the latest. Each day I have to power cycle the docking station before the video and Ethernet ports are recognized by the laptop. All other USB devices function fine. Once I power cycle the dock everything comes to life and works for the entire day. It seems to be an issue where the laptop is undocked for an extended period of time but none the less very frustrating. We were thinking of using these docks and laptop for our executive staff here at BIC Corp. but given this issue we are holding off on recommending this solution.

Sent unit back to Targus to be replaced. Hopefully new dock will connect reliably. So far not very impressed with this docking station.

Last edited by Art; 07-11-2012 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Update - Unable to Resolve
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:59 PM   #2
ITMan

We are having the same problem here with our test machines. We currently have 5 laptops(HP Folio 13) deployed testing the "ACP70US" they all experience the freezing problem. I have talked with targus on the phone and they have recommened that I update the USB3.0 drivers, and try a beta version of their displaylink software, this did not fix the problem. Can anyone else shed some light on the situation?
ITMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:56 PM   #3
Wim

I'm not sure what beta Targus has sent you, but can you try the new v7.0 Beta on our website here:

http://www.displaylink.com/support/downloads.php

If the problem still occurs, can you see if it happens on both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0, or just USB 3.0. Will help us narrow down where the issue is, if not already fixed in the beta.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #4
ITMan

Thanks for the link. I'll try out the 7.0 beta. until then I can tell you that this is happening to all of the 10 systems we have deployed. We have also tried both the usb 2.0 and 3.0 slots on the laptop and they both have the same problem.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:38 PM   #5
ITMan

So far over the last few days the 7.0 seems to be more stable. However i am reluctant to deploy "beta" software in a corporate production environment. Any idea when the 7.0 final will be released?
Old 07-18-2012, 11:46 AM   #6
Wim

7.0 is aimed at Windows 8 support, but also has fixes for some of the regressions in v6.3. This will be released in September for Windows 8.

We will be releasing a v6.3 M1 later this month which will also contain the same fixes. I would suggest testing v6.3 M1 and deploying that release.

V6.3 M1 preview is available to download through the corporate install portal on our website.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:18 PM   #7
Useeria

I know this may sound silly but if you are still having problems try a USB 2.0 cable. I know what you are thinking and trust me I thought the same thing. We have rolled out 20+ of these in our office and we have had a TON of problems with them. USB 2.0 literally has zero performance loss and magically every issue we have had has gone away. I also know this is an old post but couldn't help and post this as it was such an uncanny fix.
Useeria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:42 AM   #8
dfollis

Interesting. Having a heck of an issue with the Dell branded D3000 DisplayLink dock with the USB 3 interface on a Dell XPS13. Constantly locks up and needs to be rebooted. User has dual displays. One is DVI and the other is HDMI. Removing HDMI causes lock ups less often but they still occur. Is the USB 2.0 Cable compatible with the 3.0 port? Looks like it will fit. Perhaps a Windows 7 USB 3.0 issue?
dfollis is offline   Reply With Quote