Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2012, 06:11 PM   #1
Imconfused

Default UGA display link MAJOR problems

Hi, I bought a displaylink usb 2.0 to dvi display adapter as i had a spare monitor lying around. I set it up exactly as the instructions commanded, after the reboot, i had three monitors working perfectly. (see attachment "monitors working" So i went away for less than an hour returned, started my pc and it was like watching static on an old tv, i have been through every possible configuration, uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers 4 times. And still no luck, i even changed the cabling around so that my graphics card took hdmi and dvi, while adapter took dvi and vice versa, and to no prevail. I have attached another photo of the screen now, (monitor not working) The screen also goes blue sometimes untill a mouse goes over it and then the screen starts going crazy, also does this with the colour orange. Please tell me someone else has experienced this. I tried to alter the refresh rates as that was a point of troubleshooting in the user manual, but it would not allow me to change them from 60Hz no matter which set up i tried.

Please anyone who can help, or at least believes they can help, your aid would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jack.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg monitors working.jpg (83.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg monitor not working.jpg (92.3 KB, 8 views)
Imconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:40 PM   #2
Wim

That looks like a hardware problem. I'd suggest changing the cable, but looks like you ahve already tried that. Failing that, I suspect the adapter is faulty and the pixels sent to the device are corrupted.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:58 PM   #3
Imconfused

Thank you very much for the reply. Is that all that could be wrong, because i had it working perfectly for about 40 minutes before i left for an hour. then the problems began.

Thanks again.

Jack
Imconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:05 PM   #4
Wim

Could be heat related, so it appeared after using the device for some time. But from the picture, I don't see any way this could be a software issue.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote